Thursday, January 12, 2012

Week 2: The AIDS of Adam


Ok so we'll start today off with the funny story of the week.  We were teaching a lesson to one of the people about the plan of salvation and I was trying to say that the fall of Adam and Eve was part of the plan...the word for fall is Caida....and I said it cida or sida or something like that. so what I really said was that the AIDS of Adam and Eve are part of the plan....the guy looked and me so weird and confused and I didn't know the mistake I had made.  It was so funny though when I found out what I really said.  it was funny cuz we had just had a lesson on when c and g are silent and so for some reason that was in my head and i totally screwed it up!!!

Some other cool stuff that happened this week was we had two people ask for blessings! I got to be a part of both of them...I did the oil part on one of the hermanas and was in the circle for one of the Elders. it was such a cool experience! I was so happy to be apart of both of them. The first blessing that elder keener gave was way powerful and we could all fill it and he was on a spiritual high all night!

Also another cool thing that happened was Elder Nelson came this week for our devotional! he gave a crazy talk! he talked about the Abrahamic convent and how we as missionaries and making that come true! it was super deep and a lot of it went over everyone's heads but it was still way cool! and probably the coolest thing is that announced that the whole first pres. will be coming on the 31st!!!!!!!!!! its going to be awesome! They are going to be coming because i guess its some special day for the MTC! but it will be way cool.

We also had our first experience teaching in TRC which is when people volunteer and come in to be taught! They usually are people from BYU or something. and its all in Spanish! its getting tough because my comp is still struggling and has to read it word for word so its hard to word as a companionship and one of the guys we taught tore us apart on it and was quoting "if you're not one then you are not mine" I was pretty upset and was trying to be a good missionary but i really wanted to say some smart alec comment to him but I guess its just something we will have to work on. 
I LOVE you all though!
Con Amor
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment