Those pictures of the Redwoods are amazing! It seems like a really great place, wish I could have gone with y'all....to a point! haha. At times the Ghetto is just a little better.
This past week in Magnolia was a crazy one. I felt that it went by so fast! We had mission leadership meeting and exchanges and zone meeting and ward activities and missionaries to care for. I felt I was barley in the area! But we still had some really good things happen.
A few weeks ago we found a man names Ezequiel. He is your average Mexican here in this area. No car, works long hours, raised catholic but doesn't go. He lives by himself and his daughter Reyna stays with him during the week. He is very nice and humble. We have taught him the restoration and he understood it fairly well. We invited him to be baptized the 29th of June and he accepted. We also invited him to a ward party where they were watching "The Other Side of Heaven". The support from the ward and the fellow shipping was really disappointing but he did come and we finally got some members talking to him! It was perfect timing because the English ward also had a baptism that night So as soon as the movie was over we brought them out and they were able to see the baptism. Along with Wendy who I'll explain more ahorita.
Reyna loved the baptism and was disappointed when we told her she couldn't get baptized right then, she is 8. But the next day right as church was starting they both showed up again! They both said they liked church and that they will be coming back! We have planned to teach them this Wednesday!
Wendy I told you a little bit about, she just got her from El Salvador. She is a trooper. She is 16 and came all the way by herself and sadly not the proper way so it wasn't an easy trip. 2 Nefi 1:6 is all I can think about when she tells us stories. (2 Nephi 1: 6 Wherefore, I, Lehi, prophesy according to the workings of the Spirit which is in me, that there shall none come into this land save they shall be brought by the hand of the Lord.") She doesn't have friends or even know anyone except for the church. She goes to mutual and is getting ready to go to girls camp with the ward!
At first I was thinking that she just likes the Church because its friends and social life not, spirituality. But then the more I think about it and that scripture, I know their is a reason that God brought her here!
Last night Elder Leiva and I had a nice drive through Houston pretty late! haha We had some sisters who weren't answering their phone so President asked us if we would go check on them. We drove about half an hour and then had a fun adventure trying to actually get in the complex. We had to find which apt. it was by looking for the Christ picture in the window because we didn't have an exact address. To get the gate open we had to yell at some guy who was on his balcony for the pass code. It was great fun! haha Felt like I was on another adventure with the bros....I guess it just felt rebellious because it was so late...oh the life of a missionary! haha
Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Love you all!
Con amor y respeto
Elder Erickson
No comments:
Post a Comment