Querido Familia,
First off an update on transfers...I'm not sure if I told you but this was Elder Leivas last transfer, so he is heading home to Chili ya. This week was a lot of saying good-byes and what not. It kinda made me think a little bit more in coming home than normal. Ever since I left Denver Harbor until now I haven't even really thought about it but now that I see him packing up it scares me for when that sad day comes my way.
My new companion is very possibly Elder Erickson, or Elder Viitanen again! They both are going to be Zone Leaders so we'll see. I would love to be with Elder Viitanen again, we had so much fun together.
I talked with the missionaries in DH and they said that Ortegas finished all the classes for the temple. Hno got his recommend but sadly Hna went to Mexico! so she will be back in a week or so then they will be going! So it should be really really soon! I'm so stoked!
Our 4th of July was just a normal day. We had a grill session with our district for lunch, we still did hour of power. We had a miracle at 6:59! We had just got done talking to some guy who doesn't believe in God or anything, which I still can't wrap my head around, and we got a call from a wrong number we had dialed earlier in the day. We ended up contacting her and getting her address! Turns out she lived in the mission, even in the zone! We gave the referral to some Hermanas and they went and visited her on Saturday and said she is really great!
That was Elder Leivas last contact in the Hour of Power. It was pretty cool.
Other than that this week has been a lot of running around. We are getting 25 more missionaries. We have gotten between 20 and 30 every transfer since the first of this year. We will double the number of missionaries we had. We also had 3 scheduled baptisms that fell through and that is greatly our role as zone leaders to make sure that those things don't happen so we had a lot of things going on! It was a pretty stressful week.
I just want you and everyone else to know that I love my mission! Houston is a great place and will always be holy ground for me! I've seen so many miracles and learned so much here. I know that it is because I have had divine help! I Know now more than ever that Jesus Christ is my Savior, Redeemer, and Brother! I Know I have a Heavenly Father that Loves me. I know God calls Prophets. And I Know God is LOVE
Con amor Y respeto
Elder Erickson

No comments:
Post a Comment