Well family....
This week was really busy but very uplifting!
First was more trainings! We were in the Summerwood zone and the Baytown zone this week. It was good. Since we have now taught the same 3 hour training 12 times we are getting pretty good at it! By the time we are done we will have spent 42 hours teaching. Its been fun! In between the two trainings we taught a new missionary training for all the missionaries who came last transfer.
First was more trainings! We were in the Summerwood zone and the Baytown zone this week. It was good. Since we have now taught the same 3 hour training 12 times we are getting pretty good at it! By the time we are done we will have spent 42 hours teaching. Its been fun! In between the two trainings we taught a new missionary training for all the missionaries who came last transfer.
Friday we were able to go on exchanges I was able to go back to Magnolia! with Elder Viitanen and Tatom!!! it was way fun! We had a good time and learned some good things! Friday night we came back and stopped by the church to set up for the meeting with Elder Callister, Foter, and Tay and we turned the corner in the building to walk into the Relief Society room and Elder Callister and I made eye contact, and as a missionary or even a member these guys are like Celebrities! so I just kinda froze and turned on my heels and go out of there! we went and visited someone and then came back an hour later. Some people were still there but they were having a nice dinner and so we helped clean up and then set up for the meeting. On the way out they told us to take whatever food was left in the kitchen home with us....well they eat good. We came out of there with so much nice chicken and salad and fresh black bean salsa thing...but it was awesome our fridge is full of organic salad mixes and all! haha
The actual meeting was even more edifying than all the food! We were trained a lot on leadership and the role of an assistant and also a zone leaders so we can help train zone leaders! They gave a training on Principles vs. Rules and Laws. It was really great and will help in the mission and life! The G.A. were all so nice and relaxed in front of such a small group and they just opened it up for Q and A. the Mission President pretty much dominated that part but it was great just to hear the answers! We were able to chat with all the assistants and I was able to talk with them about Bryson and his president. He said he is their strongest zone leader! so it sounds like he is doing great in the South Mission!
Right after the meeting we ran to the chapel to fill the font! Karine's baptism was so great! the ward here is amazing! They all participated and they only saw her 1 the week before her baptism but ward members had her over or were in her home every day before the baptism!
Bishop Tate baptized her and she asked Pres. Crawford to confirm her and bless her baby! We were able to stand in both circles! It was a baptism long in the making! I'm not sure what was the turning point...probably her baby! It got her thinking! Thanks for all you do! I Love you all!
Con amor y respeto
Elder Erickson
The Assistance!
Elder Erickson, Hepworth, Bro. Keo (ward mission Leader) Karine and Leighton,
Bishop Tate, Bro and Sister Bailey. The baileys are the members
who were such a big role in her baptism!
Bro. Keo, Elder Hepworth, Sister Crawford,
Karine and Leighton, Pres. Crawford, Elder Erickson
So I totally forgot to mention the Golf game with President Crawford last p-day.
We went to just a ghetto place because most of them around her and dang nice and expensive! So it was still nice...a little under The Barn quality. But it was perfect weather and really fun! We warmed up with a small bucket of balls and I was hitting so good' I was impressing myself...long straight shots. Then we got to the Tee and I returned the non-golfer that I am...I had a few good shots...one which was a 35 foot putt on the first green! Pres. was a really good players...he is getting a little "stiff" and hasn't played much at all...he has all the theories and tips for playing good but is just a little rusty. Elder Hepworth was a crazy good golfer back home...he played a bunch of Utah tournies and what not, so he played really well...he said he shot higher than he had since like in 9th grade. But back home it sounds like he played everyday the grass was green! It was super fun and I enjoyed the time with the two of them!
I didn't have any golf shorts so I took some old slacks and Cut them...I was the classiest player out there! haha Pres. loaned us some golf shirts as well!...one of the best shots was when Pres. hit out of the soles of his shoe. On the last hole he drove the ball and the sole of his shoe some how tore free! it was dang funny! If you look close in the picture you can see my sweet shorts and that his one shoe is missing a sole!
I hope Eli can figure what to do....I liked doing a semester of College but at the same time I've forgotten everything I learned so its either or!
I got your box! thanks so much! I loved the reminder of pudding game ;)
Con amor y respeto
Elder Erickson
No comments:
Post a Comment