Monday, November 18, 2013

Week 99: A Miracle for Brandon

Hey family!!
Sounds like there are some great things going on back home! Snow!! legit!!! I miss Snow! 
Sending this last group of missionaries off was quite the experience. 1. because it is the last group to go home before I do. I had 4 companions go home in that group. Elder Walser, Viitanen, Jaynes and Erickson.  2. We were late getting to the temple...meaning we were late getting out of the temple, therefore late getting to the airport. We had to James Bond it to get them to the check-in with time to get their bags on the plane. We had 9 peoples luggage in the back of the Silverado. All of which needed to be unloaded and checked in about 5 minutes. Elder Hepworth and I drove in the the drop of section and pretty much parked across every lane with the truck and van. haha. We were just throwing bags out of the truck. We got all the bags out of the car in about 60 seconds then back in the car and drove out of the way. haha! I can only imagine what everyone else thought, seeing about group of men in suits throwing luggage around and then speeding off. We had a good laugh. We didn't get to say goodbye, President didn't even get to. But I'm sure they were all good. 
I told you about the Facebook thing right? well....It was a set up type thing! Very unproductive but I love it :)...There was two guys both pastors, One of them also works at a school and he got a sub just to come and talk with us. They have studied Church History far more than I have. They have the whole series of History of the Church. I'll put my testimony and The Book of Mormon against anyone and some anti any day! I Loved it! They were nice and cool guys...but just hard headed! so nothing really came of it but a good laugh and watching them try and explain the trinity and we just shot them down one after another ;)
Also this week we had a miracle!! Last Hour of Power we met Brandon, He is a 27 year old black guy. 6'5 probably 250 pounds. He looks like a super thug. Has lil' trill tatted on his hand and a huge star on his Adams apple with a bunch of others, but he had a stuttering problem and his hard for him to talk. He is so humble and Kind. We had a great 1st lesson with him on Friday and he prayed for the first time in almost 2 years. He told us he would like to come to church! so we set up a ride with for him. Sunday morning as we were leaving our apartment Elder Hepworth said a prayer and asked that Brandon would feel comfortable being the only African-American in the ward, which is true. Hard to believe for Texas...but our ward is pretty much Utah. So anyways guess How the Lord answered that prayer.....of course he Sent an African American couple to the church to join him so neither of them felt left out! A couple had gotten on-line and found the church on the Internet and just showed up!!! Carlos and Leshawnda! It was such a miracle. Also two families in the ward Brought Friends! it was such a great day at church! Ive really missed stressing over investigators in church like I got to when I was in West Lake. 
Other than that life is good!
This week we have zone conferences with half the mission then finish them the next week! It will be fun! we have come up with a pretty creative way to teach our part! 
We also go assigned to make the Christmas Slide show! that's going to be a big deal....so if you could send lots of music that would be great! We need some happy upbeat funny music to go along with funny pictures of missionaries, then also a style that gets you pumped up and want to go knock doors and third is music that really brings the spirit to go with baptism pics. It doesn't have to be Christmas music either! thanks!
also If you could send a new family pics or two....I need to put one on my new planner!
thanks! 
Love you !
y'all are awesome
Con amor y respeto
Elder Erickson







No comments:

Post a Comment