Wow this week has been crazy!! again! i love it when i cant think of stuff to write, but then i think about this week and there is so much and so many stories!
So this week i want to share another hour of power experience! This one was a little different! We didnt really find any sweet investigators but we did knock into a recent convert! It was a really cool story for me....we were knocking a street called Longview and there was this tiny house....I walked past it cuz i thought it was a shed, but luckily Elder Facer saw the path that went around the side. So we went a knocked the door and the lady came right out and shook our hands before we even said anything! Elder facer introduced ourselves and she was like i know I'm a member!...thats not really that uncommon where people will say that when really they arent!
So we asked her what the name of the church was and covered up our name tags haha... She turned around and came back with her book of Mormon. She went on to tell us how she was baptized 8 months ago but about 4 months ago she moved here from another part of Texas. She also said how the Hnas their would pick her up and take her to church but she didnt have a ride anymore. She didn't know anyone that was a member here and didn't want to go outside and meet anyone cuz she was too scared to. She had the churches address and everything, just didnt know anyone.
She was already in Alma in her reading, she said she just reads on Sundays because she can't go to church! So we told her we would pass by with a member on Sunday at 8 and sure enough she was waiting by the door when we got there! It was so awesome! Its not baptizing anyone but we helped someone renew their covenants by taking the sacrament which feels just as good!!
We got rained on super hard! It was crazy! I was trying to move my planner from my pant pocket to my rain jacket, which I had this time! But when I stopped pedaling the wind started blowing me backwards and I was going at a pretty good speed with i tried to move it. I took a movie and I will try and send it to you! haha
I have another food to add to the list- I think it was called mechaca con huevo! This one was bomb! Hna Ortega actually made it for us! She is an awesome cook and makes everything from scratch!...like the Mole we had with her she had a grinding stone and everything. But this one is this meat that is just dried and she dried it herself also, it tastes like super good jerky! and then there is eggs and all these other peppers and sauce stuff! But it was really good! We are going back there to eat tonight so I'm suer it will be something good again! She is so awesome! Their family is all still set for this Saturday! Libni Ortega, Reyna Ortega, and Abigail Ortega! Abi is 13 and she told us yesterday that she fills like this is the right thing and that was super awesome cuz we werent too sure how she was filling! so we are super excited for them!
Irma is still really strong as well! she may or may not be getting bapt. this saturday. She called us and said her daughter from Ohio is going to try and come down so we might wait a week! We are also meething with her today to figure it all out!
Sounds like everyone is having a good time back home! the trailer looks sweet! everyone graduating and finishing up school! Eli crashing...I mean driving, and kissing girls....or i mean dating! yeah! So glad that the trip to AZ went well! Have fun in HI mother! think about me lots ;) ....Houston actually reminds me a lot of Hawaii, its a mix of Hawaii and Oregon! Its super green in some areas! and plants are huge! ill send a pic of an alovera plant! and this one is normal size! haha
Love you all!
Con amor,
Elder Erickson
No comments:
Post a Comment