Que Tal!
Thank you everyone for all your Emails! I took longer than I should cuz I reread a couple because I loved them so much!
So first off BAPTISM! NO EMPTY SEATS IN HEAVEN BABY! We had our baptism this week of all 4 people! Libni, Reyna, Abigail Ortega and Irma! It was so awesome! I got to baptize Reyna and Abigail and Elder Facer baptized the others! it was such an awesome day! They all brought so many friends and family we filled up the chapel! and had to have everyone stand in the bapt. room when we had the service! it was such a great day! After the baptism Abigail and Reyna had a hug that was so awesome because I havent really seen that mother daughter connection since we found them but after they hugged for a couple minutes and reyna was crying and it was such a spiritual experience for me to see that connection for them! I was so pumped that day!
After Irma was bapt she came out and kissed me on the hand and was so grateful it was cool to see how much this really meant to her! And Libni as well. I swear he is going to be a stake president or something one day! He loves to study and already knows so much and after the service he gave his testimony and it was more like a talk! He is so bomb and im so happy for all of there futures!!!!! After the bapt in the bathroom when we were changing Libni kept saying how different he felt and how it felt clean and warm and how he was so excited for his new life! I love that man!
They all got confirmed on sunday! I got to confirm Libni and Irma! I was freaking out about it all morning because I have to do it in front of the whole ward and I didnt really know what to say. Elder Facer went first and gave the others awesome blessings then I went and mine were much shorter and not quite as cool so I kinda felt bad for them because my Spanish wasnt helping them like it should but they still got the same Gift of the Holy Ghost. It makes me want to work that much harder on my spanish.
The only bad part about his is that Elder Facer and I are elevator missionaries and now we have no one progressing and have to start from square 1! it may be a coupe hard weeks coming up but we going to find more!
So now for the funny stories of the week! more of what i got to eat ;)...the Ortegas love to feed us! but they eat some weird stuff! The day before the baptism they called us and Reyna said "I just made some menudo for you come on over" yeah! :/ more menudo! (cow stomach) haha she gave us the biggest bowls ever! mostly to hold the cow foot that was in it....haha. If you put enough chile and salt and lime its not too bad ;) then after the bapt. she invited us over for Mariscos, I think thats how you spell it , but it had a little bit of everything in it from the ocean! haha the crab was actually really good! I'll sent another email with pictures of all of this! :)
I Love this work and I Love being out here! Even though sometimes i trick myself that I dont I really do! Its so awesome to see the miracles! They happen all the time! We had one today while we were in a washateria! (tex mex word) but a guy came up to us and told us how something was just telling him that he needed to talk to us and how his soul was hungry and he could make it full! The guy was golden! and he just walked right up to us and I'm pretty sure he quoted preach my gospel a few times! haha It was awesome! His name is Ron! The only problem is he is a truck driver so he leaves for 3 weeks at a time! but we taught him a lesson and gave him some reading material and now we are going to have lesson over the phone some nights hahaha! I Love Miracles! And I Love all of you and miss you! Glad to hear everyone is doing well!, Hope you dont starve with mom in Hawaii haha! Im jealous that you get to go but weather wise its - not much different here ;) I just have to wear a shirt and tie!
Con amor y respeto (With love and respect)
Elder Erickson
No comments:
Post a Comment