first off!...Winner, mom!!!!!!!! she won the trivia game....but dont tell where it is because everyone else cant move on until they find it! even Dallin who didn't write me...haha....but Jamie and Jon also found it and they got the bonus question! so score...mom-1 Jamie & Jon 1 everyone else 0.
Also for there was the story about the man Dad met from Houston. (He told Todd that East Huston is rough place).... Well just to let you know there is never a scary place when you are a missionary! but if I wasn't I wouldn't be here so we don't need to worry about that! haha.
But I do have some pretty good stories from this week! I rapped with a lil red, which is the mexican gang thats big here in DH. and we found out that Libni Ortega has some secrets!
The rap first. I went on exchanges with Elder Van Slooten, who was our Zone leader at the time, and we were teaching Andrew De Leon. This gangster kid who is actually really sweet! We taught him a bomb first lesson! and after the lesson he asked us if we had any music groups in our church because he likes to rap. So I told him we wanted to hear some, if he kept it clean of course! so he went and got his ipod and turned out a beat and we all sat around in a circle rapping about the Book or Mormon, Joseph Smith, and Jesus. It was so bomb! he is actually really good! me...not really but I threw the gospel in there so I was fulfilling my purpose. haha and the best part is I filmed the whole thing so y'all can watch it! its too big to send by I'll send my card soon!
Second. Libni came out to a lesson with us! He has progressed so much! He gave his testimony in our fireside last night!, which was also way bomb! singing spanish is sweet!, but he came out with us to the guy who thinks he is super smart that I told you about on the phone, while in the middle of the lesson he was talking about the power of the gospel and how it can change people, he looked at us then back at them and was all "they dont know this yet but I started smoking with I was 9 years old!!!!!!!!!!!! (what???? he never said anything to us about it!!!!!!!!!!!!) but once they told me that I shouldn't smoke I stopped right then and have even thought twice about smoking since!"....we were both shocked! he never even mentioned it too us! after we talked to him about it and he said how he had tried to quit before but couldnt but as soon as we started teaching him it was easy to quit so he didnt think he needed to tell us because it was easy. haha so crazy! I Love that man!! He is awesome and already a awesome member! It's so cool to see the whole change! from not even knowing our church to be coming out with us and teaching others!
And now the news y'all really want!.....transfrers....im staying here in DH with my gangster friends! yeah!!! Elder Facer is leaving and going Zone Leader...surprise! haha not really. But I'm pretty excited about it! also I'm pretty sure who my comp. is since there is only a few missionaries getting transferred! He is one of the biggest goofs here. so I'm pumped! but I dont know for sure until tomorrow! it will be good though! but that was the only change in my district so im still in the same ward and elder Mallard and Elder Clayton who are sweet missionaries!
I'M so stoked for Jantz!!!!!!!!! he is going to be a bomb missionary!...the joke I'm come up with is that through high school all of bomb squad had girlfriends except drew....now were all going spanish except him! hahah my I still think it's funny and I've said it tons! but they all are going to be bomb! I'm so pumped for them! I better work on my spanish though since I'm the only one in the states! haha....oh and we have a member in our ward from Uruguay! they have a thick accent! haha
oh one more story real quick! this sunday our ride fell through for church...so we hitched hiked! we asked some guy named eremelijildo or something like that! and he took us! its about a 15 min drive! it was so funny! we tired to get him to come in but he kept telling us how we would "encender" or catch fire! haha it was funny! great guy and were going to try and ride with him again next week! haha
Love you all tons! hope everything is going well for everyone!
Con bastante amor,
Elder Erickson
Trivia! Somewhere in the Book of Mormon Sherlock Holmes kills Mr. Bolt (the guy from Jamaica) --find it book of Mormon style...haha.
Renya Ortega cooking and the fish Ortegas gave us....
I had the WHOLE THING eyes brain and all....it was actually pretty good!
So add it to the list of crazy food! haha
Hitch Hiking to Church



No comments:
Post a Comment