Thursday, May 10, 2012

Week 19: Elder Clark of the 70


Ok so this week is really crazy! The reason I'm emailing on Thursday is because Elder Clark of the 70 came and spoke to us on Monday and so they switched our p-day and its really messed everything up! cuz we still have hour of power at 6:00 so we have to end p-day early - so sorry this is going to be really short! 
The meeting with Elder Clark was really good! He threw down on all of us though! kinda harsh at somethings but he also said a lot of good things and I learned a lot! One of the best things was about what we should be doing during sacrament! I will email them all to you on Monday when I have them with me! but I think they can really change the experience of sacrament! 
Yesterday I went on exchanges with Elder Mallard from my MTC room! It was sooo much fun we had a blast! and it made me feel a little better about my spanish and all the things that I have learned from my companion! We taught these two guys who play dominos every week at the park! it was such a funny lesson, these two old dudes and me and Elder Mallard trying to make conversation! but then we we got to the gospel stuff I felt more comfortable about my spanish and gave a pretty sweet lesson! im not sure if they will progress any but it was a really fun lesson for me! haha. 
Im excited that i can call on sunday! I wish the rules weren't so strict but ill take what I can get! We should be calling from the Moreno's house! I'm really excited to talk to y'all!....also on the 20th we are having another concert all in SPANISH! so im really excited for that and hopefully we can get some investigators out to it so they can feel the spirit! 
Investigator update:
So the only real progressing investigator is Jose Gonzalez...which is about 50% of the peoples names here. but he is a guy I found in the area book who was taught about 2 years ago, he has been taught everything. the reason things didnt work before is because he left so much for work in San Antonio, but right now he hasnt been getting work. ...but we have a baptismal date with him and he is reading! he is pretty solid and already knows all the stuff from before so if he comes to church for the next couple weeks he should be good to Go!
Other than that we have a lot of people who are in the first lesson stage! one is Dalia, she is the Ortegas daughter and we have taught her twice in the home of her parents and it was so bomb! so hopefully soon she will be progressing as well! 
For closing I want to share something Elder Clark made me Realize, He was getting the point across how everyone we talk to has non-member friends so we should always be inviting them to come listen or something, and he said even those people in Utah know some non-members! and its true! everyone has nonmember friends! so all of you can do something missionary like! if its something small it brings great blessings! so that's my challenge to y'all!
Hope the week goes well for everyone! Love you Tons!
Con amor Y Respeto! 
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment