So everyone decided to write long emails this week. haha which is good! but Im just going to print them off and they reply to them next week. So I'll just be a week behind but that way I can actually read them and then reply the next week on them! So don't stop writing I'll just print them off.
But this week was another story pack week!
First off we did a little mini mission this week. We had a kid named Jair, (it's a Portuguese name but he is mexican) come with us for a whole weekend! It was a great idea and I wish I would have had the chance to do it before I went out! He met with us Friday at District meeting and stayed with us until Sunday afternoon! He already spoke perfect Spanish and English so the language wasnt a problem with him but he wasn't used to talking to people so it was pretty different for him. Elder Bruneel and I tried our best to make this a good experience for him and involve him in our teaching and contacting but he wasn't really excited about it! haha His knowledge of the church was about as far as the cover of the Book of Mormon. I felt bad when we would ask him to share something and he didn't even know what it was. So I think he learned a lot! but at the same time I don't really think he enjoyed biking in the sun for his weekend! But I can't blame him, I didn't really like the first week of my mission either. We had a few spiritual lessons but mostly just the usual contacting and purpose lessons with people! Right towards the end he started opening up a little bit more! I wish we would have had more time with him and hope it was a good experience for him, and that we didn't ruin him! haha
One funny story that happened while we were with him was we were contacting this drunk guy who called us over to him, trying to give Jair some practice with people, but we told him that beer is bad for your body but he was going to prove us wrong by flexing his biceps and showing that he was healthy. So after he did that I wanted to ask him if he could run though. I guess Correr means to run and to race. So he thought I was challenging him to a race - so he said ok, set his beer down and walked out to the middle of the street. I was a little confused at first but then after I remembered the double meaning and what I said, I took my backpack off and followed him out to the street! haha We decided to race to the nearest stop sign which was about 20 or 30 yards away is all. So Elder Bruneel said 1,2,3, Go. and I just kinda jogged and he was going as hard as he could, just trying to keep his legs underneath him! haha I was sure he was going down! But some how he made it all the way to the stop sign! I beat him of course, but I was just impressed he made it! haha It was so funny! And don't worry Elder Bruneel filmed all of this! haha...speaking of I think I'm just going to send my card. I haven't had a chance to talk about each one yet on tape but I'll just let you ask about specific ones and maybe I'll talk about those ones! you let me know. I'm going to sent it today though I think. Also while i was talking to the guy after the race, Elder Bruneel took his beer and put it in the trash, he said he did it so we at least helped him! haha
Also later that same day, nothing had been going right and we had not had a lesson all day! and it was already 7 on a Sunday! by now it was just Elder Bruneel and me. We passed by some kids playing basketball. We bet them a lesson we could beat them to 11. Elder Bruneel is 6' 4" so he is pretty good at basketball. So once again I took off my backpack and we played a game to 11! It was actually a really good game and the kids were pretty good! The score was 10-11. They won. I was a little bit upset but we gained some respect and they said that they wanted to listen still! So that took away a little bit of my anger from losing. But I'm still a sore loser. But we taught them a good lesson and got a return appointment! So playing in a shirt and tie with some slacks is another thing I can add to the list! and was actually productive! haha.
We had one more lesson after that game with Frank and Monica!
Frank is an awesome investigator. He is like 22 with a baby boy and he wants to know so much and was asking great questions like "do we have one of these prophet guys on the earth today and how can I meet him?" The only problem is his wife's dad is a minister and so she doesn't really agree with our message and since Frank has never even heard anything about God his whole life he just looks to her for the answer when it come to religion, not God. So hopefully we can get back with them again! We taught the Book of Mormon and Frank was loving it but Monica wasn't really buying it! She said she was going to talk to her dad then we could come back.....so we'll pray extra hard about that one!
But other than that still finding! not a whole lot of investigators...Jamie bailed on our last appointment so hopefully we can get back with him!
Hey, Sorry I've been really bad at sharing my testimony with y'all. I'm just trying to get the stories out before time runs out. But I do want you to know my testimony has changed so much!! To be honest I was living off of dads and moms testimony. I knew everything was true because I lived it because you raised me in it and those were also just the "rules" of the house. More of a John 7: 17 testimony than a Moroni 10. I never really read the Book of Mormon to the point of learning from it and understanding it. My first few weeks I had a hard time bearing by testimony about it cuz I wasn't 100% sure myself since I was away from my parents. But believe me now when I say I Know the Book of Mormon is true. I know it can change people. I know that this gospel is true. It's so simple if we focus on the gospel of Jesus Christ. It all makes such good Sense to me. Everything in life fits into the Gospel. I've learned to Love my study time! I've actually learned how to let the spirit teach me! and I've learned so much from it! I Know it's true and I know It can bless anyone who will try and actually do and live what it says.
Hope all is well at home! I haven't read everyones emails yet so sorry if there is some big news! I'll be sure to respond to it next week!
LOVE YOU ALL!
Con amor y respeto!
Elder Erickson
TRIVIA
Jamie got it! not really sure how but jamie or jon found it
Jamie Jon: 2
Mother: 2
Dallin:1
Eli: 1
No comments:
Post a Comment