Well week six is done so that means transfers are here. I'm staying another transfer in Denver Harbor! But the sad thing is that Elder Bruneel is not. He was called to be a Zone Leader. I must be a dang good trainer cuz my last to comps have gone zone leader on me. So once again im still the baby and probably just the District leaders companion again next transfer. But thats ok. That just means I dont have to do much extra junk. Just preach the gospel and avoid the whole system of numbers. I have no idea who my new companion could be. There are so many spanish missionaries getting transferred its really up in the air. Elder Mallard from my MTC room is still in my district though so that will be fun to still be with him. Elder Clayton was his companion, the Oregon baseball kid. So you'll just have to wait until next week to hear what went down.
I have mixed feelings about staying. I'm excited to stay because we did just find a few really good investigators. One of which is named Elsa Fonseca. She is a lady that we met a few weeks ago just a few houses down from ours. We had just left our house from lunch and were biking to our next appointment and she was quickly walking down the street towards us so we stopped and tried to contact her. She did say much, she just walked right by us and told us that we could go to her house and pointed to it. Then, she turned around and kept walking. As we tried to get a little more information out of her as to when we could come by or at least her name, she only told us that she had to catch the bus. Everyone always is in a hurry to be anywhere but talking to us it seems. But we wrote down the address and decided we would try it again some other day since it was so close to our house. We went by once and talked to her daughter, second time she was there but busy and told us to come by again another time for her son. The third time she was busy again, but we actually set up a time when she would have work off be able to sit down with us. I was feeling ready to give up on her but we still put her as the first appointment at 7 o'clock, which is the hour when we can get the most work done.
When we showed up at her house for the appointment she was busy but stopped what she was doing to sit down for just a few minutes. As we began to have a purpose lesson I began to notice that she was GOLDEN! She asked questions that taught herself the whole first lesson. She told us how she has been the Catholic church but how she feels like there is no AUTHORITY in the church and that it is just a church from men...and so she went to a baptist church and she still didnt feel like it was right. And she wanted to know how to pray! just all this thing that were awesome! I asked how she felt after she prayed and she was kinda silent for a second and then said, "like I want to cry", she started to tear up and cry. It was a way sweet lesson! At the end she told us how she had be praying that we would come by as she has seen us ride by often, but was too scared to waste any of our time. I'm not sure why she turned us away so many times, but I'm glad the spirit kept telling us to go back!
On the other end of the spiritual side...
We had tons of appointments fall through yesterday....So we went to some more church. That's what Sunday is for right??...Pentecostals are crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha
it was so funny. They were really nice and didn't really say anything bad. It was all motivational. But then they did healings and dancing and yelling. hahaha I was doing everything I could not to laugh. We actually went to two different once. The second one was a big church with a band on a balcony above the pastor. At that one the pastor told us to pull out our Bibles and I only have Book of Mormons and one of the "ushers" saw so he brought me one. During the service I was looking through it and I couldnt decided which scripture to mark to help them out. 1 Cor. 14:19, or one about the sacrament which is not in there service, OR Mat 10:1 about authority. But i went with the sacrament. I put my book of mormon card in the page and marked the verse with my pen. haha it was a funny experience and really strengthened my testimony in our church! I Know we are the restored Church of Jesus Christ on the Earth today. I know that we have that authority and you can't feel the same peace anywhere else!
Love you all!
Con amor y respeto
Elder Erickson
Ps- Trivia
Q. Which prophet in the book of Mormon knows French?
No comments:
Post a Comment