She is a lady that we just contacted walking down the street one day and we started teaching her and she was reading and everything was going good. But then she got a job....she is from Honduras and she used to live in New York with her husband and 3 year old girl...who is by far the cutest thing I've ever seen! Every time she sees us she runs outsides and yells "LOS MORMONES!!" it's so freakin cute! but anyways...Janets husband got deported and so she moved here to Houston with her husbands mother in law and some guy who isn't her father in law. But she got a job working all day every day just like the rest of this neighborhood. So we never really saw her again. Sometimes at night we would catch her home but she never had time to talk to us. We actually had dropped her because she wasn't progressing and couldn't ever come to church. Then one day we saw her in the street and we talked to her and she had quit her job. We started teaching her again and she has become super solid! She comes to church and reads all the time! After we set her date with her she called Hno. Guillen, the Gospel Principles teacher to baptize her! We hadn't even told her to think about who or anything. But since she doesn't have a job now shes been trying hard to find one...we thought the main reason she was coming to church at first was to get work...and i think it was...but after she came her whole desires changed and it was so awesome to see the change her heart. She has turned down three jobs already that would require her to work on Sunday. She has no work and hardly any food. I've never seen anyone so faithful. She tells us that she has already made a promise to God and so she can't stop now. It's the most amazing thing. I know she is going to be blessed for her actions and faithfulness to keep the commandments...I just wish it was sooner. Last night we decided to call her and she how church went for her cuz we didn't see her after. When she answered she was crying, turns out that the mother-in-law and other man don't want her living there if she can't help pay for things. They gave her one week to move out. Luckily she has become super good friends with a few of the ward members and so she walked to a close members house and we met her there. We talked to her and she still knows this is something she needs to do but isn't sure how she is going to do it! I Know God has a plan for all of this, I just wish I knew it! It's kinda stressing me out! This week has been a huge roller coaster between her and getting Antied and finding other new investigators who should also be getting baptized in Aug.! ....asi es la Obra
I Hope you all enjoy Bear Lake week! I'm sure it won't be quite as fun without me...but I'm sure you'll manage.
Con amor y Respeto!
Elder Erickson
Trivia:
Eli got the answer! good work
Q: Are (is) There any book(s) that don't talk about people being killed in the Book of Mormon? If so, what one(s)?
No comments:
Post a Comment