Hey everyone!
Sorry I didn't email yesterday! they switched our p-day this week....we are having some big zone p-day and all the zones are coming together and we are going to BBQ and have a Soccer tourney! I'm pretty freaking stoked! but we don't have much time because we have to go all the way to Atascacita for all this so we have to jet soon! I read everyone's email and I'm glad to hear that y'all are having fun at Bear Lake.....This week kinda is tough! I have the Bear Lake calendar hanging next to my desk and every time I look over I see the whole week with all the pictures on every day of fun and I get a little home sick!...usually followed by una grita! I'm sure its quite boring without me there. Actually Bear Lake is never boring! If y'all are still there say hi to everyone!
Sorry I didn't email yesterday! they switched our p-day this week....we are having some big zone p-day and all the zones are coming together and we are going to BBQ and have a Soccer tourney! I'm pretty freaking stoked! but we don't have much time because we have to go all the way to Atascacita for all this so we have to jet soon! I read everyone's email and I'm glad to hear that y'all are having fun at Bear Lake.....This week kinda is tough! I have the Bear Lake calendar hanging next to my desk and every time I look over I see the whole week with all the pictures on every day of fun and I get a little home sick!...usually followed by una grita! I'm sure its quite boring without me there. Actually Bear Lake is never boring! If y'all are still there say hi to everyone!
quick update on Yanet!
We just taught her tithing last night along with the word of wisdom so she has been taught everything and is living everything so its all systems go for this Saturday at 5th if you care to join us! She is super excited and tells everyone to come so I'm sure she would love any visitors! haha....sadly she decided to send her little girl, Yasmin, back to Honduras. She leaves the 21st of Aug....a few members of the church have offered Yanet a place to live and all, so she should be alright. As of right now I think her goal is to get enough money to go back to Honduras! She said that she has been telling her husband there to start going to church! So hopefully he can become converted and they will stay active there!
Another investigator that we have is named Polo! He is so sweet! He is a huge joker! He has diabetes really bad though and has already lost one leg because of it and now his other foot has a cut that wont heal and it may have to be amputated. Every freaking mexican has diabetes! but I'm pretty sure he knows that he is getting close and so he is trying to make things right with him and God! He is reading a lot and we have a date with him for the 25th of Aug. So hopefully it goes well with him! We will probably have to move it back a week because he didn't come to church this last week! But he really is like our grandpa! He's the coolest man, when we go over to his place he always gives us Tunas, they are a mexican fruit that are super good! Look for them and try them! They kinda look like cactus!
Another investigator that could make it is Javier. He is a member boyfriend that we are teaching has he has been coming to church with her, he is 23 and way sweet. We haven't set a date with him yet, but we are planing to this week!We just taught her tithing last night along with the word of wisdom so she has been taught everything and is living everything so its all systems go for this Saturday at 5th if you care to join us! She is super excited and tells everyone to come so I'm sure she would love any visitors! haha....sadly she decided to send her little girl, Yasmin, back to Honduras. She leaves the 21st of Aug....a few members of the church have offered Yanet a place to live and all, so she should be alright. As of right now I think her goal is to get enough money to go back to Honduras! She said that she has been telling her husband there to start going to church! So hopefully he can become converted and they will stay active there!
Another investigator that we have is named Polo! He is so sweet! He is a huge joker! He has diabetes really bad though and has already lost one leg because of it and now his other foot has a cut that wont heal and it may have to be amputated. Every freaking mexican has diabetes! but I'm pretty sure he knows that he is getting close and so he is trying to make things right with him and God! He is reading a lot and we have a date with him for the 25th of Aug. So hopefully it goes well with him! We will probably have to move it back a week because he didn't come to church this last week! But he really is like our grandpa! He's the coolest man, when we go over to his place he always gives us Tunas, they are a mexican fruit that are super good! Look for them and try them! They kinda look like cactus!
Sorry this is so short but real quick a funny story!
There is this lady that we have been teaching for a long time and she never will come to church. She always has a different excuse! So we went and we were dropping her pretty much, just saying - here is our number call us when you have a change of heart and want to come. She kinda was rude and tried to bash us about how church isn't important and how we can't tell her that...well when we left we gave her a card with the number and elder Viitanen said, "the day you come to church is the day I eat my shoe".....haha. She got so excited! She kissed the card and was like..ok I'm coming. What time is church? As we walked out the door she called me back and said "Elder. domingo. pasen por mi." hahahahaha faith in Jesus Christ won't get her to come but Elder Viitanen eating his shoe will....so we'll see what happens!
MUCH LOVE IN BEAR LAKE AND ALL
Con amor y respeto!
Elder Erickson
There is this lady that we have been teaching for a long time and she never will come to church. She always has a different excuse! So we went and we were dropping her pretty much, just saying - here is our number call us when you have a change of heart and want to come. She kinda was rude and tried to bash us about how church isn't important and how we can't tell her that...well when we left we gave her a card with the number and elder Viitanen said, "the day you come to church is the day I eat my shoe".....haha. She got so excited! She kissed the card and was like..ok I'm coming. What time is church? As we walked out the door she called me back and said "Elder. domingo. pasen por mi." hahahahaha faith in Jesus Christ won't get her to come but Elder Viitanen eating his shoe will....so we'll see what happens!
MUCH LOVE IN BEAR LAKE AND ALL
Con amor y respeto!
Elder Erickson
No one got the trivia so you can all try again!
No comments:
Post a Comment