Monday, August 20, 2012

Week 34: Broadway West Trio

Well I made it so my new area. The area is called Broadway West. I'm in the Broadway 2 Ward. I really didn't move too far from Denver Harbor, really I probably never will. The majority of the Spanish missionaries are right here close on the boarders of our mission to the west side. That's where all the Spanish speaking people are so that's where most of us are. There are only 6 missionaries outside of that area. But then again there are only 30 Spanish missionaries. I'm also in a Trio. It's been a pretty crazy situation. The apt. we have isn't set up for a trio and when I got there I didn't have anything. No room, no bed, no dresser. haha. Luckily they brought a bed that day, and I got a dresser Saturday so now I can finally unpack! haha 
My new address is:
7950 Bellfort Av. #75
Houston, TX 77061
My new area is way more busy than Denver Harbor. We have a few main streets that are like 2 or 3 lane freeways that we cross all day long! i wish i had a go-pro so I could film it! sometimes it gets pretty crazy. I'll figure a way out to film it. I feel like I'm playing forger all day to get to appointments. especially with three of us having to cross. My new companions are Elder Jaynes and the other Elder Erickson. haha its pretty fun trying to explain to people what elder means and then why they both say Erickson. It's super confusing for them sometimes. But they are extreme opposites so it should be an interesting transfer. Elder Erickson played football for Bingham High and is pretty funny. Elder Jaynes loves physics and theories about the speed of light and gravity! So I'm learning something from both of them that's for sure! I think it will be fun though! I was going to send a picture but my camera died! But if you could start putting my first name of letters that would be nice so we know who its really for! haha One thing you have to do if you Google earth it is go to Broadway street and go about a mile south of where my apartment is. Broadway street should be the first big street to the west of where I live. But there is a place called Broadway square. MILLIONS of apartments! I got lost going in between buildings! It's crazy! There were hardly any apartments in Denver harbor and now there are so so so many! its pretty sweet! I Love Knocking and Contacting in a trio! there is just a herd of us trying to squeeze into the small doorways! and we look like a biker gang when we cruise the streets! 
The ward is here way different than the other. We actually had PEC and talked with the bishop about what we are doing in the area and he actually offered to help and gave advice and stuff. And also this is the Biggest Spanish ward in the mission! the member are way sweet and love to help is what I've heard so it will be a bit of a change. I really do miss Galena Park ward though! There were some members their that were way sweet! So I've got to start over here and make friends with all these people! It should be an adventure!  These Elder Jaynes and Erickson were together before so they already have a system and I just trying to get into where ever I can! it's kinda hard during planning cuz they both know who and where everyone is so I'm just trying to learn quick so I can give my 2 sense! 
Teaching its pretty crazy! sometimes I think we talk too much.  I like to let the investigator talk more but others like to talk themselves more so we still haven't adapted to each others styles yet. But it should all be fine soon!
Hope everyone is enjoying the end of the summer! live it up! 
Con amor Y Respeto
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment