Hello to all!,
First off I'll start by talking about the past week. We did a lot of finding and tried working some more stable areas this time. So sadly we didn't meet too many crazies! We did run into a couple of people who were a little more educated and knew who we were and had some things to say. One lady who had ancestors at Mountain Meadow. That was interesting, especially because neither of my two companions knew what it was. But other than that we talked to a lot of white people which was weird!! I haven't seen white people who weren't homeless in a very long time!
We did find one lady during hour of power that was pretty sweet! She seemed interested and really wanted us to come to help her learn about Jesus because she doesn't really know anything and has never gone to church or read the Bible! So that will be nice because we won't have to re- correct her on all the things that the stinking Spaniards forced them to believe ha ha, sorry Dallin but its true your country is the problem for all these die hard Catholics who never go to church and don't know why they are so die hard. ha ha. So we were pretty excited about finding her. Sadly Pedro and Maria didn't come to church again...and we weren't able to meet with them at all either! So the investigator pool is a little low still. But as of today it doesn't really apply to me because I'm leaving again!
We got the call on Saturday, Me and Elder Jaynes are both leaving! I'm a little upset about it.
1) Because I really like this ward! The members are way sweet and really willing to help with things. 2) Because all the areas that are opened are car areas! I really don't want to go to a car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the bike and meeting all the crazy people! But it's all going to change I'm afraid but 3) that overrules everything... is that God makes the choice so I'll go where he wants me to go dear Lord!! ha ha
The areas that are open are Humble with elder Leiva! He is from Chile so that would be way sweet to be with a native! Humble is a huge area and not very Spanish. There is also an area right next to Humble called West Lake Houston that is kinda the same deal except the elder there is Elder Clayton. He is the one who played Baseball for Oregon. He is really cool so I wouldn't mind going with him. There is Port Arthur that is a ways away. Its more of a country feel, from what I've heard. The Elder there just finished being trained. And then there is Channel View, which is in the same building as Denver Harbor. I would be able to see people from that ward again which would be fun! I've heard that area is really black though!....so we'll see! either way I'm not going to a very Spanish area! ha ha
I was going to try and send a box home with a bunch of Mexican candy and Houston stuff but no one is going shopping today because Elder Erickson will be training next transfer so were not going to a store so I can't buy anything to send home! sorry! y'all just have to wait until I get back into Spanish land before I send anything! ha ha. But good news is that in a car I can finally make the recordings of the pictures and send them home!
Elder Jaynes with the Mountain of Pancakes
Elder Erickson showing the pancake pile
These pictures show what we walked into the other night when we went to go teach some less actives! ha ha. We got there and they had a mountain of pancakes for us and they also gave us a ton of eggs too! ha ha I could only put down three pancakes and it didn't even look like we made a dent when we were stuffed!
Elder Erickson, Jaynes, and Erickson
The other picture is of us all wearing the "trio-tie" Elder Erickson's mom send them to us!
This past week we got to go to the temple again! It was really nice! I Love the temple! I Learn something new every time! especially since I'm studying so much! I have learned way more already about the gospel than I ever thought I would! I really look forward to my studies! I didn't realize how much amazing stuff there was in there! I just want to mark it all! I have to really focus to only marking the super super good stuff or my Book of Mormon would be a coloring book! ha ha But anyways the last picture is a district picture at the temple!
Love you all so much!
Con amor y respeto!
Elder Erickson
Elder Erickson with his District at the Houston Texas Temple




No comments:
Post a Comment