Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Week 36: MIRACLE!


Hey family! 
How was the Labor day for everyone? I didn't realize it was even a holiday until we went to go do our shopping and I saw how many people there were there! It helped me understand why we passed a guy grilling at 8:30 when we went to put our laundry in! 
The work in this area has been pretty much the same this week. Still in the finding stage! while in the process of finding we met some pretty crazy people though! that's one thing that never gets old about missionary work. We met on guy names Ralf. He is a homeless guy who is a member of the While Knights of a America and the KKK. He really changed my point of view on homeless people and White supremacists, not that I think it's right in any means, but it did change my thought about them. Just he was just super funny about how he talk about being homeless. He would talk about eating out of the trashcans as a normal thing. But the best quote of the whole conversation was "a few years ago we saw our first half black president...Well you are looking at the first half Mexican Grand Dragon of the KKK" hahahaha I was laughing so hard! 
Another pretty funny story is that while we were doing weekly planning E. Erickson went to the bathroom and while he was in there he decided to clean the bathtub, multi-tasking I guess. But he just started throwing the cleaners that were under the sink into the tub to clean it. I'm not really sure what he was thinking. But he mixed Bleach and "The works" cleaners.....he made the worst smelling gas I have ever smelt! It burnt my lungs so bad! He ran out of the bathroom so quick and never quite finished his task either! But long story short we had to call poison control be cause he was short on breathe and ended up finishing weekly planning outside for the next two hours! haha 

As for investigators the only person we are working with is maria de Los angels. She was baptized like 40 years ago in Mexico and i we might have to baptize her again because they cant find her records. She hadn't been to church in the last 40 years either so that didn't help, but she has been coming the last few weeks in a row! Don't really know if that counts as a baptism... haha.
Sorry its short this week! ill try and have better material next week! haha 
ah I just remembered a good story!...so we were walking one day to see if we could talk to more people that way, didn't really work, but after a whole day of walking we were hurrying to get back home because we had to bike to the church for an English class that we teach and we were running late. I looked at my watch and said we better hurry or were not going to make it. Right then, maybe 2 seconds after I said that a guy in the parking lot we were walking by rolled down his window and asked us if we wanted a ride! MIRACLE! it was crazy how quick it came. the guy was a non-member. He was from Costa Rica and his name was Eli! haha its been awhile since I had heard that name and it was nice to hear it! But he was such a nice guy! he had made friends with a missionary in Costa Rica and so that's why he knew who we were. He was about 30 or so and he lived it Costa Rica like 15 years ago. It's crazy how a missionary 15 years ago got us that ride! We are trying to teach him but haven't been able to meet up wit him since, But he was helping God with his work out that one day and I'm sure he will be blessed for it! 
Con amor y respeto
Elder Erickson

Trivia: What did the fir-tree say to the cedars? i thought Eli would enjoy this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment