Monday, November 5, 2012

Week 45: Trainer and District Leader

Hey family!
To start Mom told me I haven't said anything about Zenia Polanco so I better get that story out first because its an awesome one!
When I first came to this area I came from Broadway where we used the Area book really well but when I came here I tried to carry that over. Elder Clayton and I went through it and felt like we should go visit this lady. It said she had a brother in El Salvador who is a bishop. So we went there and she was very nice and let us right in. She lives in Crosby so its far away and hard for us to get to her but turns out shes had quite the life. Her mom sister and brother were all baptized in El Salvador. Her mom and sister live with her. Her son was involved in an accident where the cops ended up shooting him when, from the way she tells it, wasn't needed, and it all happened in her own house. But anyways she has been super prepared. She was taught before and the thing that kept her from being baptized about 2 years ago was coffee, turns out she quit 2 months ago because her mom kept telling her to. She also has a daughter named Jailene who is 13. They are becoming one of my favorite families very quickly. Her sister is the happiest, always smiling person. I Love being able to go over there!  We actually went over there last night! They have come to church 2 times and are reading! We set a date with them for the 2 of Dec. A little father away than we were originally thinking but they seem much more excited about this one!....Moral of the story is that we were led there at the right time by the spirit! It's awesome too because her brother is coming to visit form El Salvador this next week!!
Sad part is that Elder Clayton wont be around to see it. He is leaving. He got called to be Zone leader! that's the 3rd comp. I've had that has gone zone leader. He is going English though.
For our other investigators we have a baptism this Sunday for Emily and Erin. The Solis daughters! That family is so solid! We taught them tithing last night and she was like "yeah...were already paying" and we were also talking about transfers and coming back to visit them...and she said "well you will all have to come back in a year." we didn't really get it so we just looked confused at her and then she said "we will be getting sealed so you better be there for that" We haven't taught a thing about that stuff yet either. They are so awesome!
We also have other investigators but those are our main ones! We had 9 in church again this Sunday! and 94 attendance! that's awesome since a year ago it was 25!
Other news is that I will be staying here in West Lake Houston for at least 2 more transfers! I got a call last night from President and I will be training! I'm pretty excited and nervous. And to pile it on more I'm the District leader here now too!
Love you all!
Con amor y respeto
Elder Erickson

 Elder Erickson and his District 

 Elder Erickson and his Zone

 Zenia and Jailene are the two middle people...and then the sister and mom are on the outside of them.

Elder Erickson and Clayton eating Elote en Palo that a guy bought them.

No comments:

Post a Comment