Hey family!!!
Sorry just a shorter one this week! We only have a half p-day today. Then on Thursday we have an all day p-day but no libraries will be open so I'm just going to try and send a short up date!
Everything went pretty good this week! We ate dinner with the Polanco's last night and they are so sweet! So we should be good to go for the 2 of December! One thing this week that I really noticed that was different was I felt my personality come out so much more in my contacting....which means a lot more joking around! haha but It was a lot more fun for me! People who don't want this message still didn't want the message, it didn't change that fact very much, but it made it more fun for me to be able to joke around with them at least! haha Elder Thomas is doing great! We are getting along pretty good and there isn't anything that we have hit heads on yet.
We have one investigator named Armando who I want to try and tell you about, he is the most humble guy I know. He is super sweet and really smart. We've met with him a few times and taught the restoration and Book of Mormon. He is super open to everything and studies a lot. When we went back for a lesson the other day the first question he asked me was "What tribe is Nefi From?"...what the heck? I told you to read the introduction!....He know his bible like crazy and so he actually understands the old testament and the tabernacle, "when" he goes to the temple he will be one of the few people who actually understand. haha But he asked some questions I've never even thought about before and were kinda tough, things about he brass plates and the history behind all that happens in the first 6 chapters. It was intense. But he told us how when he studies he goes to the library so if he needs to look something up he can! He is super awesome and I just love how humble he is, cuz really he is super smart but doesn't act like it. I kinda feel like he is just waiting to catch me in my words and bash but he hasn't.
Oh also something I almost forgot! I taught a JEW! haha that was crazy and a first. Really tough! I don't really know who the relationship works. The wife is a Jew and the husband is a Judio Mesianico i think. Messiah Jew in English, I've never heard of it. But he believes in Christ but other weird stuff...he pulled out his Hebrew "bible" and also the pamphlet we left and started trying to pick it apart. I really wanted to show him what was what but we just left him a Book of Mormon and Ir'd-nos. haha
Thanksgiving should be pretty good! We are spending the Day with Chirs and Ericka Solis! the ones who need to get married. She is a really good cook and I'm sure I'm going to stuff myself! The only bummer is she said she probably wont be making mashed potatoes...lame. But I'm excited! Last time we ate there we had some awesome Lengua! (cow tongue)
Con amor Y respeto
Elder Erickson
Alma 37:44 "The words of Christ Point us to ETERNAL BLISS"
yummy...this is the same house we will be eating at for Thanksgiving! haha
yumm.jpg)
ummm yikes!
ReplyDeleteHave a great Thankgiving meal!