Monday, December 3, 2012

Week 49: "One Direction"

ya esta Deciembre!
This is crazy to me that it is already December! I feel like it was just barely December and I was just barley leaving! Time is flying for me!
So first to start off the week I got to start with a funny story!...So I don't know if y'all know about the band One Direction...I don't know who they are but all teenage girls have their shirts and stuff...looks like 5 JB's (Justin Bieber's) who sing together, but anyways last Hour of Power we knocked on a door and this girl about 17 or so answer and she had a One Direction shirt on. I don't know why I did this,... probably not the best missionary thing to do, but hey, it worked. I told her we were from one direction and what not. Two guys with white shirts and ties, name tags and we both had jackets on. She started freaking out....and before I could say I was just kidding she called all her friends over, they were having a party/hanging out. There was 6 of them. 2 guys and 4 girls...she starting yelling for them to come and she told them what I said and they all ran to the door...I should have let them know who we really were...but come on, this was way too good and way too funny. So I told them there had cameras and everything. They asked us if we were from England, I guess that's where they are from. So I said yes! haha It was so freaking funny, after a few minutes I finally told them who we really were. They let us in and all of them listen to our message.
They had some really good questions. We shared the Joseph Smiths story with them and explained the spirit really good, what it was, how they would feel, and what it would mean if they felt it.  So when we shared the Joseph Smith story, them all being catholic said, "I'm confused". We asked why and they said, "because this goes against everything I was raised on"...so we are going back this Friday night for their "party with the Mormons" haha.
And now for the Baptisms!
They went awesome! It was so sweet!....I baptized Zenia and Elder Thomas had his first baptism with Jailene! and We got Michael's grandpa ready and he baptized his grandson! It was so awesome! Everything went well! We had a little scare the night before but it all got worked out! and The spirit was so strong during their baptisms!
Zenia and Jailene  are the family that we found through the area book and they had the son who was killed by the cops? I'm pretty sure I told that story! but if I didn't let me know!
Con amor y respeto
Elder Erickson


Elder Ericskson, Grandpa, Michael, Zenia, Jailene, Elder Thomas and Clayton

Zenia's sister and mother, Zenia and Jailene Elder Thomas, Clayton and Erickson  

Michael's family with the Elders

No comments:

Post a Comment