Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Week 56: Miracles!


This week was a miracle filled week!!!! I have seen so many miracles as a missionary! And many this past week! 
1. We invited a member to a lesson, a friend of the investigator who sat in happened to be a ex-member and missionary, sounded like he has been excommunicated but I'm not 100% on that. but he was also the brother of the member we invited and they had not seen each other in a long time. 2. We knocked into Josefina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. She is the lady who came to church but didn't know her address and was unable to describe where she lived.  We were in the area of a referral from other missionaries. It was a old referral and it was the middle of the day. We knew for a fact that the man wouldn't be there because he had told put down his schedule, but I clearly heard a voice tell me to try it anyways...It ended up being the house she was the maid of!  I couldn't believe what I was seeing when the door opened!!! I almost couldn't talk because I wasn't really believing what was happening! We were able to set up a lesson at our Relief Society presidents home and set a date for the 10th of Feb! Ever sense then they have been helping each other out. Josefina came to their house after church for dinner and Han Solis drove her to see her mom and they are getting a long great!!! It goes right along with what Hannah talked about. I know for a fact that the Holy Ghost guided us to find that house. There is no way in inferno that we could have found that house but God had a way laid out for us to find her!  and 3. A less active member of many years walked into church Sunday after service and explained how we was baptized in Nicaragua and raised in the church but has fallen away. He wanted us to come visit with him and his wife and three kids who are non-members! That is the 4th person is the past 2 months that has just walked into the church!!!!!!!!! its unreal! I Love being a missionary! I don't ever want to stop! y'all can come visit me in a year but I'm staying here! Just make sure Jamie brings my sobrino!
Elder Smith is from Payson. His foot doesn't slow us down too much. We use a ton of miles. We have a monthly total of 1200 and last month we used 1600. It's the toughest rule for me to follow as you can see, but hey we are getting people to church and now we have no option to bike. So that's the only real problem from his foot. He is a cool elder. He likes skiing and outdoor stuff and played Goalie for soccer so we get along. He came from Denver Harbor so we always have stuff to talk about from there! 
Armando didn't come to church again. He called us to the night before and said his brother in-law got in a car crash and so they had to go help him. 
Sorry time is short today since it's a normal proselyte day so I don't have time to reply to everyone! but know I Love you all! 

I'm off to find more miracles!

Os amo!  Os extrano un pocito!
Con amor y respeto!
Elder Erickson


PS We met with the One Direction crew again. We took them a "One Direction" poster Aunt Debbie sent me! haha it was funny! They invited new people again. We took a picture but some aren't there that were before and new ones are, so it's just changing! Their parents made dinner for us too. That was our third time we got fed that day. Nice people but I can't take it! haha
The other picture is a cake that Hno Vargas, My ward mission leader from DH gave me. He knocked on our door at like 9 in the morning with that cake! haha


The "One Direction" Crew with Elder Erickson and Smith

 Cake from Hno Vargas, The Ward mission leader from Denver Harbor


No comments:

Post a Comment