Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Week 59: More Awesome Miracles!


Hello!
Did you think I forgot about you? haha
Sorry I didn't e-mail yesterday I didn't really feel like talking with y'all but then today I changed my mind....
Just messing. yesterday we went to NASA! it was so cool!!!! I'm not a museum guy but I was blown away by some of the stuff they had there! We got a really sweet tour and got to see some things that were unreal!! I took a ton of pictures and will hopefully find time to talk about the pictures and send the card....probably not in this transfer though because we are so dang busy!!!! So maybe in a while you will get to see them! bastame deciros (do I sound like Nefi?)  that it was awesome! and Eli would love the place! and I'll send a couple pictures today!

So this week we saw some more awesome miracles! 
First off Hno Munguia, the inactive from Nicaragua that just walked into the church one day. We had dinner with his family and they made us some food from Rebulica Dominical! It was really good, they don't eat anything spicy but we did learn how to cook plantain! After, we had an awesome lesson with them and set a date with them for the 24 of March! I really hope I'm still here by then!  He became really good friends with all of them that day and made a good relationship. The husband who is a member works Sunday mornings so that is a tough part. But he came up to us as we were leaving and asked if he could come out with us. For a past lesson we had a member come, he said he wanted to do what they did and be "involved" it was soo cool! He hasn't been to church in over 30 years but he knows it's true and wants it so bad! it was a really awesome lesson for us. 
Then on the way to our next lesson we got a phone call from Josefina, whose date was set for the 24 but she was still a little unsure about it...but she called us and said something a long the lines of "I just wanted to call you and let you know that yes, I will be getting baptized on the 24th!!!!!) it was so amazing! We were celebrating in the car as soon as Elder Smith hung up! haha She is awesome and the whole story with her has been a miracle!
Also with the Soriano family. I think I told you about the miracle of them and the story she shared in church, I told it to someone. but we called her to confirm an appointment and her kids told us she was in Jail....so we went over to make sure the kids were OK.  The oldest girl, who is about 20 with a kid of her own, came down and was staying with them. I'm not 100% sure what happened and it doesn't really matter but she got out a few days later and she called us and asked us to come over and told us how she wants her kids to get baptized as well! We went over and shared a lesson about the Book of Mormon and the husband of the oldest daughter was really getting into it as well! They all came to church this past Sunday! We had 12 in church! Some of them don't live in our area so we passed them off to other missionaries but they are coming to church! It is going to be another busy week and I'm looking forward to it!
And to clear things up about falling into the fount... so I don't look like a tard....there were lots of women in the restroom and the door leads right into there, so I felt weird walking out with all of them in the bathroom so I just decided to go back the way I came. I didn't it once so I thought I could do it again!
Love you all!
Con amor y respeto!
Elder Erickson!


Elder Smith and Elder Erickson at Houston Space Center


This is "Control Room"  where everything is run for the space missions!  
It gave me chills being there!

No comments:

Post a Comment