Dear family,
I want to share a story with you about something that happened this week that really strengthened my testimony. Tuesday Elder Smith and I were super sick and having a hard time working and finding the desire to keep working because all our appointments fell through. We went to Walgreens and got some meds so we could sleep and Elder Smith got some NyQuil or the Walgreens brand of it. We took it about 10:00 and went to bed. I woke up at 2:30 to Elder Smith screaming and walking out of the room. He was screaming super loud and super high-pitch that he couldn't breathe. I jumped out of bed and tried to calm him down. He was in shock. He just kept yelling how it hurt. I knew he could breathe because he was yelling so I was just trying to get him to control it and count with him. I felt like I was at work again but with young people. After trying for a like 30 seconds of getting him to focus and just breathe slowly he put his face into the couch and was freaking out. From there I gave him a blessing. When I gave it to him I just felt like I should tell him to breathe. So I did. As soon as I said Amen he stopped screaming. He starting actually taking breaths. They were still fast but he was getting air in. After about 30 seconds he could talk normal. He said it still hurt a little but it was getting better.
We sat there counting for a little and I was trying to decid whether we should go to the ER but Elder Smith didn't want to. We sat there on the floor for about an hour. Elder Smith just counting and me thinking about what just happened. I am so grateful for the priesthood! It's such a blessing to have it! I know that if we live worthy we can use this power of God to bless others!
I love you all!
Con amor y respeto
Elder Erickson
No comments:
Post a Comment