Monday, August 5, 2013

Week 84: SALVATION IS NOT CHEAP

Hey family!!!!!
This week!....well...It was a week of missionary work! haha
We spent a lot of our time doing things for Zone meeting and driving up to the mission office and we had a meeting there about how we can better help our Zones and what are the problems we are having, and boy are there a lot of them ;) 
Some advice I would like to direct to all those who are planning on going on a mission, Make sure you prepare for it! A mission is thee greatest time of your life, IF you give your all to it and are willing to work. If you are not willing to sacrifice things and work hard, you then become a burden to those who are willing to. My testimony has never been stronger and my knowledge of the gospel is where I didn't even imagine it getting, granted I'm still a baby in this stuff...before I was just a embryo. I've learned so many people skills and spiritual skills that I know will help me throughout my life! and I hope that everyone has the chance to have this same learning experience that I have had. Just please be preparing before! :) read, pray and understand that it's not a trip. Elder Holland said something along the lines of this regarding missionaries who don't understand why baptisms don't come easier, he said that These things should not be easy because SALVATION WAS NEVER EASY FOR HIM, SALVATION IS NOT CHEAP.  If Christ had to go through such a hard time to bring salvation to us then it shouldn't be a cheap thing to us!. That quote (I wish I knew it word for word, but the idea behind it has really helped me through my mission (when) it has been hard! and people don't want to listen to us. I wish I would have been more prepared and many of the new missionaries are thinking the same thing! This is the work of salvation! Its a big deal :)

But sounds like y'all had a blast at Bear lake! Thanks so much for sending those pictures!!!! I'm sure you took a lot! I would love to see more! haha...Eli is so tall...I can't believe it! You look like a stud! just hit the gym! ;) you and Dallin! haha just kidding! ....BUT I was most shocked when I saw this beautiful young girl...in a dress...and her hair was done? she was standing admits my family...in the big family photo...white and blue stripped?  Who is that? 
I Hope Miles enjoyed his first trip up there! Even if he didn't love the water yet, I'm sure he will learn to!  
As for my pants...well they are fine! I think we found a member of the ward to take care of them and she said she will sow them up! so I'll try that first...if it doesn't work I'll probably go buy some new ones at Ross or something! 

 Last Monday Teresa's Father fell and hit his head and passed away....its really messed up how the low blows Satan troughs at people right after their baptism! It was a super hard for her....she was strong but it really beat her up....she went out of town to Austin yesterday to get away from everyone...they do the Mexican style funeral....aka "party and drink beer for a week, on the tab (of the) family who had the death"...it was pretty messed up...no joke there were guys out in her yard for the entire week drinking! When the Relief Society went by to offer help all she asked for was someone to get rid of the pile of trash bags full of beer bottles and cans! 
Hugo is doing good... probably going to have to push his date back because he is a heavier smoker than we thought!
We had a new lady come to a baptism this Saturday!....Mariluz Carrillo! she is such a sweet humble lady! Her husband doesn't like the church and seems abusive so we are taking things slow...but she is down to get baptized and pay tithing...she really wants to pay tithing but doesn't have a job...so she wants to get a job to be able to pay because her husband wont give money of his for tithing...She has amazing faith!
Love y'all dearly!
Con amor y respeto!

Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment