Monday, August 12, 2013

Week 85: My Mission Just Changed 100%

Hey Family!
Well to start off...I Love all of you so much!
second...I Have Cancer....haha 
I kid. I kid. 
Really though I do Love y'all but it doesn't take a moment like that to make me realize it! 
I have Great news though! The Ortega's will be going through the Temple this Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!! the 17th at 9am! And I will be able to go!!!!!!!!!! I am so stoked!!!! Baptisms are great but I don't think anything will compare to this! I was able to talk to the the other day! We dropped off some Elders in our zone at their house because they were having some problems with stuff so we had to take them to the police station and drop them off again. Luckily their next appointment was with the Ortegas so I was able to talk with them! 
We had a miracle this week as well that was a real testimony builder to me of acting on impressions. We were driving away from an appointment and didn't really have a plan since that was already our backup plan and I was thinking where to go and Elder Viitanen was just driving....he still doesn't know the area! haha but he drove us into a dead end so I got out to (help us) back up and as I did I saw two really big...tatted...mean looking Mexicans working on their truck. Something said to me "go talk to him" I thought...I already look like a dork backing this mini van in the middle of the road, but oh well...I guess I should talk to them even if I have to fly solo. So I went and started talking about his truck...I don't know too much about cars so it was pointless but anyways I started to say I was a missionary and he cut me off. He said "Yeah, LDS. I know. I'm a member!" It was amazing! He still has a testimony, parents are real strong in the chruch, they live somewhere else, he moved here and works Sundays so hasn't been able to go to church, his wife and kids are catholics, been to church a few times with him but never had any missionaries over! He asked us if we need food or anything to eat and sadly we had a dinner in a bit but we set up another time to go see him! It was a legit experience for me to see how the spirit helped me to go talk to them.
Dallin and Jamie... you are now free to release that story and E-mail! I'm no longer in that apartment!  (see email below)
Also I made some purchases....I had to buy new pants, and a watch that actually works. So there are some charges. I needed to look more professional now. I got moved. I'm not in the Ghetto anymore. I'm working with President and Elder Walser now. I'm the new AP ;) MIX FEELINGS!

Address ( mission Office)
 2815 West Lake Houston Parkway
Kingwood, TX  77339
Con amor y respeto!
Elder Erickson


From: Ethan Erickson 
Subject: Pinche Chinches
Date: July 29, 2013 11:30:10 AM MDT
To: Dallin Erickson, Jamie Heslop

proque ya saben, Les voy and contar algo....
Its probably one of the funniest stories...mixed with a horror story. Make sure you have your visual thinking caps on and that you aren't around other family members because i don't want them to know until we are all the way in the clear. 
So Day by day:
Saturday I woke up and saw a few blood stains on my sheets...i was scared but tried to just tell myself it came from a scab or something
Sunday morning: woke up and saw more blood. And a couple bigger spots, a huge blood smear and a dead bed bug on my sheets so now i was scared but didn't know what to do. 
Monday: Slept on the couch and everything was fine. 
- called sister crawford and she "wanted to be sure" so she told me to sleep in my bed then to wake up in the middle of the night and to grab a light and hurry and turn in on and look and see if i could see any bed bugs. 
-2 o clock i woke up just on my own before the alarm. I grabbed the light, turned it on, Tons of FREAKING BEDBUGS were all over me...a couple of them were mid gulp of my precious blood! I freaked out and started killing some of them...but then i was just smearing blood. So i went and got a water bottle and started catching them. Then i checked under my mattress and a long it and there were tons o i just gave up, got in the shower and then unrolled my yoga mat and slept on the freezing tile. our whole apt. is just tile. It was the worst night sleep ever but i was so freaked out that i couldnt even go close to were they might be. 
Tuesday: They fumigated the room. We were out working all day and they told us we had to wash ALL OUR CLOTHES, EVERYTHING i dropped like $15 just in laundry. we ended up teaching until 8:30. we had to make sure Teresa was ready! so we get our laundry done at like 10:30...then we had to vacuum everything too!!!!!! so we were vacuuming (keep in mind that all of this is happening and i cant speak and english! which i went the whole week without! haha) while cleaning the box spring we found a whole colony of chinches! so me being super baby and scared. We just hucked it outside...haha and then we found more in Elder V's Boxspring...so we hucked that too....this is about 1 in the morning. Then the frames were next. Then our Rug we have in our room...and then the vacuum because they were crawling all over that...we bleach mopped the floor. bleach scrubbed the mattress. got to bed by 3. 
We had all our clothes in trash bags for a few days...we froze our backpacks and all our ties! dry cleaned our suits. we had nothing left but mattresses in our dang room! haha 
Good news though! no bites or blood since then!...just super tired!!!! haha 
Love you! hope that made you laugh!...keep this email cuz ill probably never get time to write it in my journal...but after a few weeks ill send it to the public. VIP ONLY NOW.






No comments:

Post a Comment