Monday, September 2, 2013

Week 88: 5 New Investigators!

Hello family!
Another crazy week has come and gone!!!! Since we have keys to the office we still get to email on Labor Day! So lucky for you! Any fun Labor Day plans??? I'm going to assume Dallin thought I would be emailing tomorrow, that's why he didn't say anything...and if not...well them I'm publicly calling you out ;) brotherly love! 
Well to start the week we had Sisters Conference, it was weird being the only Elders there but we had a good meeting. We did one in Kingwood then another in Beaumont!...the Healy's have family in Beaumont right? I forgot their names. will you ask them for me? We go to Beaumont quite often. I want to try and meet them. 
Then after that exchange we had planned to go to Vidor Texas for exchanges but Elder Walser got a call from recent converts and found out they were going through the temple Friday night. So Friday we drove from Beaumont to Port Arthur, back to Beaumont, to Kountze, Texas to pick up other Elders, then to Kingwood, to the temple, then back to Kingwood! I hate the inside of our truck! And the sad part was we were too late (to make the temple session) . We were able to do initiatories instead and we all learned so much! Then went into the Celestial room and were able to greet the family!
This week we were super blessed in our area we had 5 new investigators! and Elder Walser said they haven't had any for the past 6 weeks! One guy we taught is named Chip Wheeler...He is huge!!!!!!!!!!! massive...probably 6'4" And weighs 300 easy and its all muscle! We walk into his home and he has a gun on the table and I made some joke about the gun. He put it on the shelf then looked at us and says..."I wouldn't need a gun for either one of you" haha! 
The entire lesson he was trying to intimidate us and mess with us! I just had to laugh and try not to laugh about how crazy he was! When we would go to teach something he would stop us and make us write down what we wanted to say or answers/interpretations to scriptures so that he could test us and she if we were teaching the "same thing"  We were super bold right back with him and he said he was "impressed" so he invited us back! I think he is super interested but doesn't want to show it! We found out his brother-in-law is a member of out ward! It was one of the funniest/crazies lesson on my mission! I'm so excited to teach him again! Even if he called me out on all my mistakes! 
Love you all tons!...make sure you are missionaries every day! I know its harder in Utah cuz everyone is already a member but do what you can to have non-members into the home! Being a missionaries is the greatest thing in my life! I'm sure that those who have served would say the same thing...so be a missionary and see the same miracles now! I  know God blesses his missionaries and helps them with this work so that includes you! 
Cuidense! 
Con amor y respeto

Elder Erickson

PS
I almost forgot to give Papa an update on Van Hunt. 565 Country Road 727. Buna, Texas 77612!
The sister missionaries finally visited him! They said things went well, He was very nice and told stories about Papa and the navy. They said they taught a restoration lesson and they had tons of questions. One of the sisters said "he knows its true" but his wife doesn't really want them to come over. They are Methodist but still said they could come over any time. They (the Sisters) are going to go by once a week and just try and invite the spirit into their home and plant seeds! I'm going to do every thing I can to get out there and meet him!  

The day I had to say goodbye to Teresa! It was sad because it was so rushed!
Elder Erickson, Teresa Rodriguez, Elder Viitanen

This is a picture of the outside of our apartment!..every Catholic has a sign that says something along these lines...so we model shot it! It's pretty funny if you ask me! 
Especially when the JW's would knock! 

The whole Galena Park crew...4 people went through the Temple together!

Ortega Family and Elder Erickson 
The day they were sealed in the temple as an eternal family.

Elder Cope, Walser and Erickson
Minutes before Elder Cope left in the airport! 

Exchanges with Beaumont Zone leaders! 
Elder Erickson, Elder, Elder, Elder Walser


No comments:

Post a Comment