Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 91: The Spirit is Working Within Chip

Hello my beloved brethren and sistern and parenten!
Had a great week! Transfers are just around the corner so that means emails get short ;)
last night we went and picked up my new companion! Elder Hepworth! He is from Kaysville. I'm super Stoked to work with him. We would have been bros for sure if we knew each other before. He is a big snowboarder and what not that went to Davis high. Its going to be rough taking everything over after just 1 transfer but should be alright. We'll figure it out one way or another!
This week we were able to meet with Chip again! He bought us Gifts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha the big 300 lb. man who tells us all the ways he can kill us before we get a prayer in, bought us "Amour of God" paper weights so we would remember him! He said things such as "I don't know why but I like being around you"..."You make me feel good, BUT NOT IN A GAY WAY" and he also said "we are wearing him down" which normally would be a bad thing...but he is trying to resist the spirit so much it's a good thing that's wearing him down!
This week was crazy on the AP side. 12 missionaries got landed in Houston on their way to Tampico Mexico from the Hurricane. We had to go pick them up, assign them areas, get the situated, then pick them back up and get them on a plane to Mexico all in the same week! It was fun! I loved it! We also had an Elder come and spend a few days with us because he was having a rough time so we had the chance to work with him! It was fun! I think we all learned a lot.
We also had a really good lesson with the Lasyone family! we had a testimony meeting with the Western family in the ward!...it was super spiritual. We brought two other visas waiters who arrived mid transfer to our area to join us for the lesson. They are going to Angola but need to wait on visa so they got sent here! Its been a crazy week! Testimony meeting was bomb! Brother Lasyone basically said in short "at church I felt everything was being said to me. I felt the Spirit and know its true. Now we just have to wait on my wife" they are such a sweet family!"
Last thing....this week we helped with a Neighborhood Triathlon!! It was sweet! we set up all the road cones and signs to block of the road for the kids. We had to wake up at 5 in the morning to start. IT was POURING RAIN, LIKE POURING A BUCKET! But we still wore pros so everyone in the community could recognize us! There were so many cones...like every 10 feet for 2 miles...and not just baby cones. But then we got to help direct the kids as they went from swimming to biking my job was to stand at the spot right were they rode out and told them to turn! down the road and that's were all the parents were so I was directing the traffic with my Book of Mormon! It was classic!
We were able to talk with a lot of people!
Man I'm late :)
Love you all!
Con amor y respeto

Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment