Hey Family!!!
Sounds like its been a good week for everyone back home! I love March cuz there are so many Birthdays! and it sounds like everyone is getting Converted to Apple! (Mom just got a new MacBook and Dad got an iPad 3 for his birthday) haha that's awesome and I hope everyone enjoys it all! As for me life is good! Its been a little stressful week for me! My comp is so Number oriented its kinda a joke! but we're still working on that!
But I got a few more things to add to the list of things I have eaten! First was Patita de puerco! its pig feet!! it was kinda gross but wasn't to the point of where I couldn't put it down. It really didn't taste that bad I think its all just in my head. But I also got Alligator Tail! that was something i was looking forward too! haha It tasted just like a mix of Chicken and fish! it wasn't bad at all! but I'm glad i got to try that!
I also got my first Houston rain storm. well two on them. and I guess it was just a normal one but it was harder than anything I had ever seen in Utah. Just walking from a members car to our house I was soaked. It comes down when it rains. And one of the storms was an all day one so we were riding in to from 3 to about 9... I didn't prepare for how cold it can get here! haha it was a long night for me! but it was cool to see the rain and how hard it can come down!
As for our investigators we dropped Lesbi and Isaias which kinda sucked for me cuz that was like my first house and investigators but they don't even open the door anymore so maybe later we'll try and stop by again! we did commit two more people to bapt. this week! I don't think I told you about Dora! maybe I did... I cant remember when we committed her, but she came to church last Sunday and told us she has gotten an answer, But I think she has a problem with some stuff so we'll see if we can get it worked out and her date is the end of this month! We also had a girl named Lyric, the brother to Nicky who has a date, she said she got a answer too so we were pretty pumped about that one as well! hopefully they all stick through! Spanish is still coming along slow and hard, we have had a lot of things going on in the morning so language study is usually what gets cut out. I'm going to talk with my comp though and hopefully we can fix that. Cuz I really need it.
its a bummer to hear about Weber's soccer though. I thought for sure they would kill it! but maybe it was just a slow start. I really miss soccer, I haven't had a touch on a ball since I left the MTC and even then all I got was those little balls that got sent to me.
To answer some of your questions the church is about 15 minutes away and we have about 30 people that come to church, maybe 40 on a good day, its not a very big ward and it really makes me miss ours where there are some many people and everyone is so friendly, people here are friendly but i dont feel the same as i do at our ward. i miss sundays the way the used to be. And yes i do love the bike! its awesome! my comp has a road bike so he doesnt have to work quite as hard but most of the sidewalks are roads are gravelly and bumpy so im glad i got a mnt. bike
Funny story: So i think i told you about the mission choir we have, but its a whole mission thing and they do it in different churches and invite investigators to come and its actually sounds pretty good. But Elder Facer really enjoys it and so i figured i did it at the MTC so i could do it here. Well what i didn't know was that the guy takes it really serious. when he found out i was knew he asked me to come "tryout" he told me it wasn't a tryout of where if i can or not but of "where to put me" haha i was laughing when he said that and it was kinda scary for me cuz I've never even really heard myself sing. I had a hard time even doing the warm up he wanted me to do but I stuck it out and made it through the whole thing and I left feeling awkward but didn't really care. and he still let me sing which was nice of him! haha. I thought that might make a few people laugh though!
Hope everything is going well back home! I miss everyone so much! you are all the best Love you!
con Amor,
Elder Erickson
No comments:
Post a Comment