Hey ya'll
Yeah i am starting to say that word. what of it. Its really quite useful.
but there are so many stories this week i dont even know where to begin!
We'll start with the subject of this Email. Yeah me and elder Facer had Food poisoning this week........haha. It Sucked so freakin bad!!!!!! thursday night at about 4 I woke up and felt so crapy and i couldn't sleep then i felt like I was going to chuck so I went and got a bowl and just laid there all night. And I didnt really get any worse while I laid there so at about 6:30 I didnt want to be a wuss so I was like ok I guess I'm going to try and push through it. I didnt exercise because I wasnt feeling good. But I decided that a cold shower might make things better. But after I got up and started moving around it hit me so hard. I threw up everything!!!!!!!!! It was so gross and I spent the next little while in the bathroom. Im pretty sure we drank old milk. And to make the day even better Elder Facer wasnt sick yet and he is the district leader and fridays we have districit meeting so he felt like we should still go...??? so there wasnt anyway I was dressing up so I threw on some sweats and told him if he wanted to I could sleep in the back of the room so lets go. haha so I slept in the church until about 12:30.
Then we were supposed to have splits that day so Elder Mallard came back to the house with me and I slept in bed until about 7. Then we had to go out with a member cuz he was our ride to switch back from our splits. I was having a hard enough time thinking in english. (the night before this too we had something wake us up in the middle of the night so I was already tired!) But I had to go teach a lesson in spanish. Boy is the spirit sweet! During the lesson I didnt even really feel sick! and I had to take the lead role since in was in my area and Elder Mallard's spanish isn't like Elder Facer's so I was having to do most of it! But I felt good through the whole lesson. And then we it was over and we left....zaz! I was sick again. It sucked but it was cool that I had help through the lesson! Elder Facer ended up getting sick later on in the day as well.
Saturday Morning: we had a service project we were supposed to do but I hadnt eaten anything at all on Friday and didn't really feel like it Satuday morning. But we went to the project anyways and my smart 36 companion said we should wear prosiliding outfits. We both were super weak but showed up to this house with weeds in there front lawn 3 feet high and our project was to clean up the yard. hahaha oh man. It was a long project but the yard looks good, and it was good to get behind a lawnmower again! I never thought I would miss that one but I kinda do. But I have some pretty good pics of me mowing the lawn in a shirt and tie just trying to stay standing haha. After that we went back and slept a little bit and then went out in the night. weak but feeling better!
Sunday: so Sunday I was supposed to give a talk in Spanish on the importance of missionary work. I had written in quickly cuz I wasnt feeling good when I wrote it but when I got to sacrament during the sacrament they switched it on us. Right in the middle of the meeting Elder Facer got a text from our Bishop that said were going to make this a testimony meeting haha. So that was a relief as well! but I did get up and bare my testimony! and I'll probably have to give that talk after conference!, which I'm stoked for! Also on Sunday we had our Chior performance! It was so sweet! They had those mormon message videos between each song and some testimonies as well! It was so sweet to be apart of it! Even though I cant sing I still enjoyed being in it! haha
Earlier in the week I got to go on splits with Elder Mallard and Elder Vitemin or something like that, he spent the first 7 years of his life in spain then moved to Utah! He is a way funny elder. and I loved going out with them and was a whole new world for me. We had a lot of fun and gave me a little hope that someone else besides me isn't just a machine haha!,
Investigators:
Morenos are all still doing good! And we are working with them!
We actually and zero in church yesterday so that was sad after a week of 7.
Jesus is still working on smoking
Irma. She is new I think. but she is golden! She wanted to get bapt. before we even asked her! It was awesome! we called her one day to see if we could move her Church tour a half hour later, and she was all excited for it! Then when we asked her if she had read the pamphlet she was all oh yes! and I have been looking in bookstores to find a book of mormon but I cant find one. I've been reading it online for now, do you know where I could buy one?"!!!!!!!!!! what?????????????? crazy! but then we told her we would give her one and she was trying to pay us! It was funny. I'm just a little worried she doesnt get the whole thing about us not just being a good church and how she can realize how ours is different cuz she its a little bit looney. but I love her anyway and I'm excited to teach her!
Libni Ortega: they didn come to church but we did set dates with them for the 21 of April! and we have a noche de hogar tonight with them so we'll how that goes!
Con Amor:
Elder Erickson
No comments:
Post a Comment