Bring'em out! Bring'em out! It's hard to hear with more missionaries!
Bonus point if anyone can come up with the song the Subject of this email came from! ha ha
So first off the point that just changed the way every teenager is thinking! ha ha I'm so pumped that everyone can come out younger! I think it will be such a good thing to have the young men younger. My comp right now actually had to write a letter to the First Presidency so that he could leave early and come out. He graduated early. Went a semester at Oregon and played baseball and then left when he was 18 so he could return to be a part of the draft. ha ha He had been out for about 9 and a half months before he turned 19. We we both left when we were 18. Even thought mine was only a few weeks early I think it will be way sweet to send them out earlier!
And as for the young women I think it's super super awesome! The experiences that you have on a mission are so awesome and I think this way young women will have more of an opportunity to have those experiences instead of it being kind of a last resort thing if the are single at 21. Not saying that that's how most do it. But the "typical" story I've heard from the sisters here was well I was 21 and didn't know what to do so I decided to go on a mission. But now they can make that the first priority and prepare from it form the start and leave at 19! I'm pumped for everyone to have these experiences!
Eli!....You could have your call here pretty soon,.....Giddy up soldier! ha ha yeah!
Conference was so sweet! We got to watch all 5 sessions!!! Sat. we watched at the Stake Center. Priesthood we watched at our normal building and had a dinner with the branch and the English ward before. Then for Sunday morning we went with an investigator family (that is sooo awesome! just not married) to our President Morales's house and watched it there and then we went to the Stake Center for the last session! The weekend was pretty busy! In between sessions we went out and taught a couple lessons and reminded people of conference. We got 7 investigators to watch it this go around!
I Loved Elder Nelsons talk as a missionary! He is so right and I hope everyone that saw that who isn't a member asks us those questions cuz we got the answers! I also loved Elder Hollands, as did all I'm sure, It was super powerful! Also Elder Clarks from Sunday afternoon, did his sound familiar to you? He is the guy who came to our mission and he gave us a similar spill! just 5 hours long and a little more direct! ha ha But I sent you those 5 things earlier I think!
Real quick before I forget!...I told you about he lady and Elder Viitanen eating his shoe if she came to church right? well, I wonder what he would have said he would do if she got baptized? I hope he would have followed through. She is getting baptized in a few weeks. I'm shocked. For me it was a lesson to get out of the heat and she was always there.
To explain the pictures....ha ha yes we had permission! ha ha We got to go to a high school football game! The stadiums here are freaking amazing! So nice! and huge! It's a whole new world! but the Rivera family I told you about invited us because their son is the drum major and the half time shows here are huge too! So we asked President and he let us go! I was super pumped! This is the guy who played for Los Tigres...doesn't look like it now but he was 17 when he started with them so it has been awhile! ha ha
Sorry I ran out of time again, as always! Sorry if I forgot anything! I didn't mean to and don't take it personal!
Con amor y respeto!
Elder Erickson
Sr. Rivera, Elder Clayton, Elder Erickson
Elder Clayton and Elder Erickson
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment