Well its was another exciting week in the life of a missionary this week! We had a tri-mission conference with three members of the 70. Elder Hawk who spoke in conference, Elder Ellis, and Elder Calister! it was so awesome! we learned a lot. Elder Calister spent the whole time teaching us the plan of salvation from the Bible. i think it was to make sure we could hold our own in the bible belt i guess! ha ha I got to see Bryson Howell there! it was so great to be able to talk with him! He is doing really good! I'm jealous he has had comps from Mexico, Columbia, and Honduras! Lots of natives! It felt like I was just back at high school talking with him!
This week we set a baptismal date with all the Solis family. They are the family that has to get divorced still and married but they both said that they are pretty much done with the paper work. Closer than we thought. So last night we talked with them about really pushing for it and praying for a miracle that they come and will be able to be baptized by the 4th of November! it's super quick. But they are ready other than the marriage so if the paper comes, then we are good to go! So keep them in your prayers if you will! thanks.
Josefa came to church this week! I think I explained a little about her in my letter to dad. She came with a member and sat with a member and we really didn't have to do a thing, it was really awesome and she had a great experience. She does think she is a member however. We still haven't figured how we are going to break that news to her! ha ha She was taught by sister missionaries a long time ago and then she says baptized in a river with 40 other people. So were pretty sure its so evangelical church cuz its not uncommon for them to do that. But as for now we are just working on getting her to live all the commandments. And she changes things very well because she thinks she is already a member so she has to live them! ha ha If I didn't explain her in the letter let me know and I will give more of a back ground on her!
Other than that the work has been trying to get people married and finding new people!
There are a couple of families I am pretty excited about that we found and actually have an appointment with them tonight! When we knocked on the door they recognized us and told us how they had seen the video "The Testaments" and how they were crying when they saw it! its La familia Franco! We sat down and had a really good lesson with them on the porch for just a few minutes because her husband wasn't home. They are a more established family and have a nice house. I think there could be a lot of potential with them!
There are a couple of families I am pretty excited about that we found and actually have an appointment with them tonight! When we knocked on the door they recognized us and told us how they had seen the video "The Testaments" and how they were crying when they saw it! its La familia Franco! We sat down and had a really good lesson with them on the porch for just a few minutes because her husband wasn't home. They are a more established family and have a nice house. I think there could be a lot of potential with them!
Thanks for everything family! Enjoy the colors and cool air! It was still 93 the other day here! ha ha
Con amor y Respeto
Elder Erickson
Oh PS to everyone...I thought I'd just let you all know I shaved my head again...But this time I did it myself in 15 minutes after I worked out this morning....I'm pretty good....but man I miss Halli. Short hair isn't my thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment