Monday, December 17, 2012

Week 51: "Boom!!! it was sweet!"


Buenas!
 First things first. Skyping. I think we will be doing it at Pres. Morales's house. The best time for us is probably going to be early afternoon. Around 12 or 1. I will let you know a for sure time next week but plan on that for now. To be honest I haven't even tried setting anything up, I kinda forgot it was coming up! Not that I'm super stoked to see y'all but it just so busy! haha and that brings me to my next point which I will prove to you with the lovely Bible. I wanted to get everyone a Mexican or Texas type gift for Christmas but its just not going to happen right now. (vease a Lucas 9:58-63) I don't have a bible in front of me but its somewhere around there! Thanks for understanding! 
I guess I forgot to tell you the story of Michael and the Serrano family. My first week here the Serrano family just showed up at church. The grandparents of Michael were baptized about 2 years ago and went less active. They leave at the very bottom of our area, about a 35 minutes drive going fast. We didn't even know they existed because they weren't on our records either. So once they showed up we started visiting them and teaching Michael and his mom. Its a really weird situation. Michael's mom Eva was 15 when she had him so the grandma raised them and Michael sees Eva as a sister...they don't even live together. But we met with them a lot, they are a blast. Doctrinally they don't know anything and so it's always fun to teach them new things! Hno Serrano needed a little preparation so we taught him along with Michael so he could baptize him.
Other neat things that have happened -
We taught my fan group again. They keep telling me that I look like Prince Harry or something and I didn't even lie but for some reason they think we are related. But last time before we left we told them to write down any questions that they had and we would answer them next time...I meant it as if they had questions about what they read, but when we showed up one set of parents where there and they brought another friend. So we asked for questions and they pulled out their phones and had a whole list!...I loved it. Sitting on the hot seat and answering all the tough questions! haha but after we cleaned that mess up we taught the restoration again to the parents and the new friend! It was awesome again!! The new girl/ Bianca, was kinda confused at first but we explain the holy ghost really good and then shared the story of Joseph Smith and when we asked her how she felt she just said, "just like you said I would" boom!!! it was sweet! The parents were even pretty interested. The mom is pretty hard catholic but we used the bible well in our teaching and got her and her husband very interested as well! It was a sweet lesson.

Armando and his wife didn't come to church last week sadly! but we saw them and they are still doing good!
New family -
Ruth Rodriguez, She lost her husband about 4 months ago! We shared the plan of salvation with them and it was super sweet! She came to church last week with her 3 kids and 2 of her step kids! It was really sweet!!!
Senaida- we taught her a divorce lesson and how she has to get divorced before she can be baptized, She told us she had to work so she could come to church, I told her just to call her boss and tell him she couldn't come in. (some what in a joking sense, but serious) She ended up showing up at church even though it was a huge rain storm and half the members didn't show! HAHA !
She's got great faith, now we just need her to be single then married again! HAHA
Ayala's texted us and told us they were sick so they didn't show up and we didn't get to see them!
sorry that's super messy but just trying to give you as much as I can! haha
The work is rolling on!!!
Love you tons!
I cant wait to see your faces!!!!
Con amor y respeto
Elder Erickson



1 comment:

  1. I thought those reading this post would want to know what Luke 9:57-62 says -

    "57 ¶And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will afollow thee whithersoever thou goest.

    58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

    59 And he said unto another, aFollow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.

    60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

    61 And another also said, Lord, I will afollow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.

    62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."

    Elder Erickson may not realize it but he gave his parents a gift above anything he could buy - he is serving with all his heart, might, mind and strength! He has both hands on the plough and not looking back. He is happy serving the Lord and helping others understand the truths of the gospel. He is fit for the kingdom of God
    This is the best gift Ethan could give us!

    ReplyDelete