Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 63: New Area

Well surprise, surprise...I didn't even move areas really. So its good and bad. I'm in the Pine Trail ward. Zone's are split up by stakes so I am the zone leader of the Summerwood stake. The area that we cover really is just the bottom  half of my last area, Crosby, and a little more. So it is still a very Spanish area, I just don't get to teach them! Its alright though because I still get to see the Serrano family, de hecho today we went to Lucia Serranos Salon and got hair cuts! jaja she gave us a Mex-cut. Its all good though it was good to see her!
The area is doing pretty good. We are very busy and their a few investigators that are very close to baptism. There are a ton of changes in contacting and teaching and being with members, it is really hard to adjust to the changes. I feel really awkward with members! jaja I'm trying to get my personality back really is what it is like. I really miss Chile everything we eat just tastes bland and has no flavor! 
My companion is Elder Conan, He has been out 20 months and is also a Spanish missionary...we got flushed in so neither of us know the people or ward. It's been a good week still though. We got 23 new missionaries this last week and 23 more are coming next transfer so we have been opening areas all over! I like being able to be a leader and help people but I really miss the Spanish culture. The one thing I really do like though is we cover the Singles branch!! And a lot of them are Hispanic! Its really cool to work with all the returned missionaries and their friends, I really like it! We have 5 people that we have just started teaching that should be getting baptized soon! Sharif is a kid from Siberia and Oscar from Mexico and Wayland is black! We have a good mix! I Love Black people though! They are so fun to be around. With them I feel fine. It's the white people that are making life tough!
I'm learning to love it and trying to talk Spanish whenever I can! I've softened my heart a little bit and am accepting it more. I just have to study that much harder to keep my Spanish up!
I Loved those pictures of the Birthday boys! hahaha It made be laugh! Happy Birthday to all! and to all...But Jamie and Jon...a good night ;) (y'all wont be sleeping too much after Millito's b-day hits)
Our new address is:

1507 Goswell
Channelview, TX 77530

We live with a member, Bro. Jenks. He is a elderly man. I love him haha! He has been having missionaries in his house for a good while and usually they are the Spanish ones so I've met him before. But its really nice because he leaves for work at 6:30 and his home and asleep before 8. So we never see him except on Saturday and Sunday. So its really just like our house! 

I would tell you more about our area and investigators but we are still trying to figure things out! haha send questions and I'll just answer!
Con amor y respeto!
Elder Erickson


The Ruiz, Solis and Serrano families with Elder Smith and Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment