Monday, March 25, 2013

Week 65: Better Than Dr. Phil

Hello Family! Glad y'all are enjoying Miles!
I'M so jealous I cant bet there!
So this week nothing too crazy happened...ah what am I'm saying, there is crazy Cosas every stinking day!!!
One I want to share is a lesson we had with Rolando And Crystal!....they need to get married so they can make the date of 31st. We didn't really expect them to make the push so we haven't been teaching them at a pace to have them ready so we have been trying to visit them a lot to get everything taught to where they understand. Just the stories Rolando tells us of his background blows me away that he walked into a church...But he was telling us stories of how he has been sharing the gospel with people at work and on the streets! He is amazing!!! I'll try and get a picture with them this week! For sure at the baptism I guess haha. But this time when we showed up they were fighting. I was on exchanges with not 1 but 2 really new missionaries. Elder Willey has 3 weeks and elder Evans a couple of transfers. But they were fighting and didn't want to get married anymore and just hated each other....so luckily the spirit had us teaching Lesson 3 which is about repentance.
So we knew what they were fighting over before the lesson had started cuz I talked to just Rolando by himself. So while teaching what repentance was, how to do it, and the blessings of it, I made and example and pretty much took their story and twisted it enough so it wasn't obvious but they still knew. After Rolando was like... so what do you do with that story......and Crystal was just crying and looking down. I have a little wipe board I had written everything down on and just pointed to the word repent then just looked at Crystal. He was just kinda like...ah man,,,for real? and then I talked a little about pride hahah! Then he finally talked to her and they both started crying.. man I felt like Dr. Phil, but better! haha and I'm pretty sure since I have the spirit I am better at it than him! haha But it was so sweet!!!!! They talked it out and everything so they are all good to go! We then talked about how the devil is going to try everything he can to make them mad so they don't get baptized. They both said," it's so true! We have been fighting so much this last week!!" so we had a really good talk about that!
I wish you could meet Rolando and Oscar. I would be scared to talk to these guys if I wasn't a missionary, but they are the coolest guys ever! I just want to chill with them! 
I also went on exchanges back to Spanish land! my Spanish was still ok and we taught a couple lesson so I felt good about that...I kinda trip over my own feet though every once and a while. we did some service. twice actually. but one was sanding....sanding paint of all the cabinets in this guys kitchen.....I was so dusty is was gross! but I have a picture I will send you of it! It was a lot of fun! 
This week we also talked with the Hindu guy again, and a talked with a Muslim! and we have an appointment tonight with a family who just moved from the Virgin Islands! they have the coolest accent and White people are just boring so I'm glad we get to find some new cultures to meet!  
A lot really did happen this week! I recorded a guy who invited us over just to bash on us and try and convert us! It was so funny! I recorded half of it. The dude was super stupid and just funny....but by the end he wanted a ride to church. We didn't really try to get him one cuz we weren't sure if he just wanted to come cause problems but y'all will hear that soon!
 Love you all so much
Con amor y respeto
Elder Erickson


This is my exchange with Elder Tatom from Cali.
I'm still blowing dust out of my nose and cleaning it out of my ears...it was so much everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment