Well....baptisms didn't go through...we got a lot of work today so we'll talk later
bye! love you sorry.
Con amor y respeto
Haha APRIL FOOLS!!!
Lame I know but I had to do something!!
So all four baptisms happened!!!! It was a pretty crazy road but they all made it! :)
Rolando and Crystal got their marriage licence Thursday and we went with them and had a wedding. It was us, them and Pres. Chapman in the chapel. It was really sweet! and special...But we found out Sunday that it didn't count!!! We forgot about the 72 Hour wait after you buy your marriage licence before you can get married! So Sunday after church, before the baptism they got to get married again! It was nice!
Bro. Hope baptized Rolando and Crystal. He is a counselor in the branch and has been a really good helping hand to Rolando in his Journey to baptism. Cesar Lopez is Oscar Lopez's brother. He is a recent convert of about a year and He is the one who introduced Rolando and Oscar to the Church. He baptized his brother!
And Chris Garcia, our ward mission leader baptized Sharif. Also in the picture I sent is Thurmin. He is Sharif's roommate and he introduced him to the church! It was the best Easter Sunday ever!...well second only to the actual Resurrection. But still it was so awesome to see them all get baptized! I Love working with the YSA.
We also had two new investigators at church in the YSA. Moses, another one of Cesar's friends and then Tim. He is a kid that the AP's have been teaching but they passed him off to us the other day when we went on exchanges with them! I went with Elder Facer in their area. It brought back good memories! haha
Bro. Hope baptized Rolando and Crystal. He is a counselor in the branch and has been a really good helping hand to Rolando in his Journey to baptism. Cesar Lopez is Oscar Lopez's brother. He is a recent convert of about a year and He is the one who introduced Rolando and Oscar to the Church. He baptized his brother!
And Chris Garcia, our ward mission leader baptized Sharif. Also in the picture I sent is Thurmin. He is Sharif's roommate and he introduced him to the church! It was the best Easter Sunday ever!...well second only to the actual Resurrection. But still it was so awesome to see them all get baptized! I Love working with the YSA.
We also had two new investigators at church in the YSA. Moses, another one of Cesar's friends and then Tim. He is a kid that the AP's have been teaching but they passed him off to us the other day when we went on exchanges with them! I went with Elder Facer in their area. It brought back good memories! haha
This week we have zone p-day and we have to plan it so I'm rushing today. We are doing minute-to-win it games. it should be fun!
Also this weekend I had a lot of time to reflect on the Atonement and the Resurrection. I read a lot of scriptures and learned so much! In my Personal Reading I read Mosiah 14 and 15. Two amazing chapters! y'all should go read them today. We were also fasting yesterday as a zone, the spirit taught me so much throughout that day.
I want to share with you a little of what I learned. I'm not only having a good time here but growing a lot spiritually.
Elder Erickson Easter Epistle:
I Know that Jesus Christ came to this earth for me. I know that he came here and went through sufferings to allow me joy. He was under every pain, sorrow, and hardship so that he could know exactly how to help me go through my trials. He overcame everything so that I don't have to. I understand better now the reason for his suffering, because you can't overcome something you haven't experienced. If you have been through it all, then you can conquer it all. I Know He did it all for me personally because He wanted to. It wasn't the Jews nor the Romans that Killed my Savior, or even Judas. It wasn't the whips or the nails that caused Him the great pain. But rather it was His Love for me and for the Father that pushed him to accept the bitter cup. I know that because of His love I can over come death, be comforted in my hardships, and be forgiven of my sins to live with my family and Father in heaven forever. All the Hate in the world couldn't put him through what He went through for me, it had to be something much greater. His Love.
Con amor Y respeto
Elder Erickson
Left to right
Back Row: Elder Conan, Cesar Lopez, Bro. Hope. Rolando Guerra, Crystal Guerra, Thurmin Flowers, Sharif Husenov, Elder Erickson
Front Row: Chris Garcia, Oscar Lopez.


No comments:
Post a Comment