Que onda!?
Conference is great!!! I wish I could tell you my favorite but I can't pick! Elder Holland's was amazing but so were so many others. I Love the power Elder Holland has.
We were able to watch all sessions but not the stuff in between. We had people to see!
This past week Elder Conan and I created our "Zone Vision" because with increased vision come increased motivation - Elder Callister.
It goes a little something like this:
The Summerwood Zone Vision
In the Summerwood Zone, we have a love for God and of all men (2 Nephi 31:20). Our desire to serve God motivates us to declare salvation to every creature (Mosiah 28:3). We go Forward with an unshaken faith in Christ (2 Nephi 31:19) boldly declaring repentance to all who will receive our testimonies. Opening our mouths to allow the Spirit to carry our word unto the hearts of the children of men (2 Nephi 33:1), knowing that they will be filled, for He is with us (Doc. & Cov. 33:9). We strive to teach the Word of God with all diligence (Jacob 1:19), and are always anxiously engaged in a good cause (Doc. & Cov. 58:27). We seek to become master teachers, by study and by faith ( Doc. & Cov. 88:118). We are never content with our teaching skills and are always strive to be better. We will strictly observe to obey the Commandments of God and the mission rules with Exactness (Alma 58:21). We are motivated by our willingness to serve God. Herein is our love made perfect (1 John 4:17).
We focused on Love as our motivation, faith to find, diligence in our studies and teaching and obeying with exactness. We set goals and plans for each of these topics to help uplift the zone!
I know these topics were inspired when Pres. Monson talked of all of these things between his talk in Priesthood and Sunday morning.
Miracles Story:
After Conference we had a Miracle that I would like to share with you. We were working in the Crosby area, the family we are tried was not there. We had 10 minutes until our next appointment and couldn't think of anyone worth our 10 minutes to visit so we decided to knock. We drove a short minute and Elder Conan pulled over. We said a prayer to find someone who needs the message. The first two doors no one answered. We got to the Third door and I was beginning to think that it was a waste but then a man came to the door. He looked at us a little shocked and I took it has "man, he really doesn't want us on his doorstep" so I tried to quickly spark conversation with him about hunting because he had a hunting shirt on. After a few questions we found out he was from Alaska. We asked him if he had ever seen missionaries in Alaska or if it was too cold for them to be on bikes. He responded "I’m a member, you want to come in?"
Turns out he had just moved here 6 months ago. His wife walked into the room and said "are you the Latter-day saints?" When we told her yes she said "what a coincidence." As we talked with him more he told us how he had wanted to get back into church. He fell away when he was about 15. He started working a job in Alaska that didn't allow him time to go to church and then never really got into it. His parents had always tried to get him to come back but he never did. He felt the need to go because his dad passed away Friday. We found him Sunday. The spirit was so strong. We were able to testify to him that his dad is still trying to get him back and that he never is going to give up on him, that his dad guided us there to help him through this tough time. We testified of the plan of salvation and eternal families. With tears on his face he told us how that’s what he wants. To one day be sealed with his wife and two kids that he has now, just as he was seal to his parents!
Elder Conan and I left there with the best feeling. I couldn't help but smile! I know our Father in Heaven and the father of this man guided us there! I Love being a missionary and helping to carrying the love and miracles of our Father in Heaven. I am so grateful that he lets me come along for the ride to see the blessings for others!
I Love you all! We should expect Miracles when we are doing the Lords work, if we are full-time missionaries or member- missionaries. It's all the same work. Expect them!
I Love you all so much!
Con amor y respeto
Elder Erickson
No comments:
Post a Comment