Monday, April 15, 2013

Week 68: Life is Great! I Love Being A Missionary!


Well crazy as it is its already been one transfer here in English land. And I'm going to stay another.  Elder Conan and I will be staying together for one more at least. He only has 2 more left so I hope I don't stay here until he goes home that would be way to long. But all is well in the area!
 We had all 4 people confirmed, had a little scare with Sharif. He moved to the complete other side of Houston!!!!!!!! luckily a member went and got him. We also had a new investigator in the Pine Trail ward! His name is Lance Lawson. He is an African American rapper from New Orleans. (one of the few positives to English) He is so funny. We lost contact with him for a bit but the other day we drove down  his road and he saw us drive by. He chased us all the way down the road (about 4 blocks) jumping up and down waving his arms trying to get out attention. It was pretty funny.  But he did come to church even though he was sick and he really liked it. He was telling people he was going to get baptized so we better get going cuz we set his date a while ago and lost contact with him but he still had the commitment in his mind! haha
Spencer, the guy from Alaska called us and had to cancel because they were going to Dallas. We rescheduled for this coming Saturday. He said he had been reading though and that it was helping.
Miracle story of the week.
There is a family that missionaries have been teaching for quite some time now. The Webb Family. They are hard core, hard core to the bone United Pentecostal, which we hear every time we go over, is different than normal Pentecostal. I know more than I care too about them but you can look it up if you want to know. It's the long skirts no make up crazy rules. But anyways they have been there all their life and missionaries have been meeting with them for a while. The daughter got baptized a few Months ago, the Father Sydne, got his answer to the Book of Mormon already and was just waiting for the wife. They are both in Alma 3 something. They have been coming to church every week and are such great people! They are so nice. Bro Webb is a fire chief here in Houston. We had a lesson with them and were following up on the commitments we left them and we set a date with them that they both agreed to! NEXT WEEK! They will be getting baptized the 21st of April! I am so excited!! They are a great family and are solid! We didn't really do a whole lot of the work with them but it was nice to be here when they finally accepted the date!
Things are still crazy in the mission. We are getting so many missionaries! We have a zone of 31 right now and are going to be 34 with 13 of them being Sisters. Every single one will be training or being trained. Its crazy. Sometimes I just want to knock doors ;) but its awesome to see the mission expanding and the new force coming out.
Life is great!  I Love being a missionary!  Everyone who has the chance better take it!
Con amor y respeto
Elder Erickson


 With Sanjoy Dash. Recent convert from Bangladesh. He cooked some food from his country for us one day! He is so awesome! doesn't really speak much English or Spanish but he is awesome! too bad they cook with more oil than Mexicans ;)
 but it was really good :)
PS We were on exchanges so I was with Elder Smith again!


No comments:

Post a Comment