Monday, May 6, 2013

Week 71: Senaida's Baptism

Dear Family!
First off Mom happy birthday yesterday!!!!!! Sorry it's late but I hope you had a great day! I Love you so much! I was thinking a lot about you all day and how amazing you are and how blessed I am. A couple things came to mind. One from Pres. Pomeroy, doctrine wizard talking about blacks not having the priesthood and those in China and other parts of the world too. He said "God knows what he is doing and he puts certain people in certain places for a reason. He is going to do for ever single person what is best for them because he loves them and wants to give them the best chance they can have to return to him." I know that God putting me in the family He did, with the mother I have was the best possible place for me! And I wouldn't be where I am without you Mommy! Thank you for everything! and also another saying "Be the missionaries your mother thinks you are." I know you wouldn't let me off lightly because you love me! and I really try to be the missionary you think I am and then more! I know its not much but this was my gift to you. Happy birthday! and Happy Mothers day! I LOVE YOU!
I know this is the letter to everyone but I want everyone to know how great you are so share it with everyone that I have an amazing mother, even if she is 51 ;)

So this week was a great week in the missionary work! We had lot's of great lessons and found some great people! 
But the story I want to tell you is about Senaida's baptism!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was one of the most spiritual baptisms for me! They all are, but it was probably because I didn't have to worry about a thing but feeling the spirit!
As soon as I walked into the chapel Senaida saw me and jumped up and gave me a huge hug!!!  Sin verguenza (without shame) I gave her a huge one back! She is such special lady! I wish you could have seen her the day we found her, and her trailer. You never would guess the heart and desire that this lady had to follow the Lord by looking at her! haha 
I Love how the gospel changes people, No matter who they are.  I just read in Alma 15 today about Zeezrom and the changed that he had. Being the Chief prosecutor, to getting kicked out of town because he believed and tried to help other understand! It can change everyone!
It was so great to see everyone from the branch....when leaving I felt the most homesick I've been since transfer 2! but not for y'all - sorry, But for that branch! That is my home! I Love it there so much and wish I could go back!!! that's where I truly fell in love with the mission! So seeing all of them, Morales's and Ruiz's and Solis!... it was tough leaving!

For phone call I will probably just call from Bro. Jenks (the member we are living with) house. So I'll call, then you can call me right back! But we wont have a ton of time so everyone write down questions and things to say ;)

Love you all! Talk to you Sunday!!!     :)    Looking forward to it!

Con amor y Respeto
Elder Erickson


Hna. Mellor, Elder Erickson, Senaida, Jose, Pres. Morales, Hna. Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment