Monday, May 20, 2013

Week 73: John 3:16 "I Know"


Hey family!
I'm spending too much time looking at the pictures I was sent today! So many memories, as much as I hate pictures they sure are fun to look at! but I have a great story I would like to share today!

This last little bit has been a little slow as far as the "Miracles" go that just get you pumped up for missionary work. We have been drawing blanks for the past few "hour of power" sessions. I was thinking of the scriptures in Moroni about the only reason for they're not to be miracles is because of our faith. So I was blaming myself a bit. I felt that I had faith and in my past area I felt their were more miracles then I could write down every week!...so that night, Thursday, I was praying about it and thinking about it a lot.
 I Love how quick God answers our prayers. That next morning during companion study, which was short because we had district meetings to attend. We got a call from Shirley Johnson. She was an investigator we were teaching about a month ago. We went through lessons 1, 2 and 3 fairly fast. She studied the pamphlets really well and she knew things before we came so teaching was great with her, until one day she texted us and told us not to come by anymore and that she was just going to "read on her own" aka forget all of it and never read again - or so I thought. When we answered the phone she said "would y'all have time to come back and visit me? I want to study with you again"....I was amazed!!!
 We made some changes in our plans and went that afternoon. When we got there we asked her what made her want to call us back and she said how she "felt" that she needed to read the book and study with us again. and also how she "wanted to go through with the baptism" and then she joked how she "kinda missed the date we had set" She is a 50 year old lady who likes cowboys/girls and motorcycles and camping and fishing, real down to earth lady. She is awesome! I Love her!
She came to church and got along great with the members. They talked a lot about sealings and temples in the 3rd hour. We had 5 new faces at church so it was a lot of questions after church! haha sound familiar to the Ortega's?? haha

We also had a lesson with Tim...He is a tough cookie. We had a long lesson on the "Love of God" and "How to know He Loves us" it was very deep. I feel so bad for Tim not having that Knowledge. I Know my Heavenly Father Loves me. I Know it without a doubt and I know nothing will ever change that! For anyone who care say they KNOW he loves them then I give you the same commitment we gave Tim JOHN 3:16. A scripture that has been used to much it almost doesn't have the same meaning. But read it. Every night before you go to bed. Then in your prayers try and really understand it! Tim says you can also break everything down with the question WHY?...so ask yourself why God loves you!
Con amor y respeto
Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment