Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Week 74: I'm Spanish Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello family!
Sorry things are all messed up! some HUGE changes have happened. I don't know where to begin. Sorry I didn't email yesterday, we had too much to do so it got cut first. I'm not sure if you're counting anymore but last week was transfers. I'm guessing you stopped keeping track. I did too. but I'm now Spanish again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT pretty crazy. I'm in probably the most Hispanic area in the mission. Its small enough to be a bike area.  It was a bike area before, but because we are zone leaders they give us a car....well actually a van. haha. YES I take pride in our 2013 Dodge Caravan. ha. We only use it when we have to go to meetings and church though. 
It's a little rough on my Spanish but it is coming back quicker than I thought, but I also thought it would take forever!!! And another thing that is going to help my Spanish is my companion. His name is Elder Leiva. He is from Santiago, Chile! He is really sweet! I've never really served around him but yesterday was a good day.  I'm excited for this transfer. My new area is almost right below Denver Harbor. Just across the Bayou. We switch every day at 2 what language we talk in so we both can have help. I'm really excited for the Spanish I'm going to learn. This is the area were you won't see a white person. period. so I'm pretty excited. No me callen bien. 
My new address is:

 Elder Ethan Erickson
6527 Miraglen #211
Houston, TX 77023

Its a complete switch. In everything. language. From a sweet set up living to a....sweet set up! haha ;)  from the largest zone to the smallest. We still have 26 but its smaller than the rest. 

As for my last week in Pine Trails we had some sweet things. On Sunday Shirley was there. We ended up pushing her date back one week so now we have set the 9th on June for her baptism. We had so much to teach we didn't want to rush things, everything is pretty important. Spencer and Ashley also showed up! We didn't even get to see them this last week but they still showed up! They left right as sacrament got over so we didn't get to talk to them but when I texted them to say bye they invited us over on Monday so we went out there for a few minutes to say bye. Its sad we had to give them to the sisters. Sisters are being put in Crosby so we wont get to teach them. As well as with Daniel and Francis. They live in Crosby as well and also came to church. IT was AMAZING. Daniel came in a white shirt  and tie and his hair was even slicked back!!!! haha I wish I had a picture of him so show you! not the kind of guy to do that. So it was a good way to go out!
We aren't taking a ton of time so ask questions of things I forgot and I'll try and answer them.
con amor y respeto! 
Elder Erickson


Shirley Johnson and Elder Erickson, this is where they taught her.


Elder Erickson and Elder Levia being "classy"

No comments:

Post a Comment